Search results

1. F

Alternator belt broke anyone near Annapolis that can help me fix it?

Hi, I have a 1999 TDI Jetta. My alternator belt broke anyone near Annapolis that can help me fix it? I don't have the tools and am not sure if the tensioner or pulleys are bad. Anyone who can swing by and fix this with me (I'll pay you).. PM me if you can help..
  2. F

My Review of CNBCs Fuel Special

http://www.cnbc.com/id/42220196/FUEL_WILL_PREMIERE_APRIL_21ST_ON_CNBC Josh Tickell somehow got CNBC to believe his rhetoric about Bio-diesel. In his book 'Journey to Forever' he dismisses washing of Bio as necessary although in later articles he seems to grudgingly admit its necessity to save...
  3. F

Thumping sound after dealer visit

Hi, I have a 2010 TDI (still under warranty) and hit a pothole that blew put 2 of my tires. I had them replaced at Antwerpen VW Pasadena, MD and the problems continued (paid $600) I drove with the car a few months and returned to Antwerpen and was told I have a bent rim and a tire with a bubble...
  4. F

Relay 109 Problems?

1999.5 TDI Jetta, 160K. I had the injectors changed recently and I noticed that on 2 ocassions that the engine seemed to hicup (engine light went on for a sec). I borrowed a VagCom from another VW user and got a FTS Open to Short intermittent message. I also had a flashing glowplug light on...
  5. F

Is it ok to put Dino or Bio Diesel in my WVO system?

I have a TDI with a Greasecar system and since I telecommute 3x a week I have no need to collect Veggie Oil for a long commute anymore. I was told the copper element should not be exposed so I have a half a tank of diesel in there. I was also thinking of putting Bio Diesel there in the winter to...
  6. F

1999 Jetta what does the lock on the inside door do?

I bought my TDI new, no owners manual. There is a lock right next to the trunk and gas cap switch. Ive inserted the key and turned it both directions. I though it was for the alarm but it doesn't it turn it off or on. Does anybody know? A Google search has revealed nothing..
  7. F

TDI Lags at Wits end..

I took my TDI to the Mechanic. It was lagging like the fuel filter was clogged. I have the hoses replaced, tank cleaned out fuel filter replaced. Turbo replaced, intake cleaned out. Timing from the last IP change 10K miles ago was off 180 degrees VW adjusted it.. I drove from the Mechanic...
  8. F

Return T loop, a solution to clogged Filters?

Someone suggested a return to that loops back to the T to the hose that goes to the IP. This would avoid having to run Bio-Diesel t going back to the tank. They said since the fuel would only go through the filter once your filters should last 2x as long? Do you think this is a good solution?
  9. F

2009 TDI Jetta Loyal Edition and MSRP

My local VW Dealer (Fitzgerald of Annapolis) sent me the following, Willy, Yes, that's what my GSM has set for these cars and I can promise you that other dealers will be $1000 to $2000 over MSRP as they were before. Ronnie Reid (410)-224-3480 ----- Original Message ----- From: "Willy...
  10. F

Loss of Prime - Trouble shooting (yes I searched)

Ok I lose fuel prime overnight. This causes hard starts in the morning, or whenever.. I searched and had the following done recently, Swapped out the IP Swapped out the T Swapped out the hoses from the fuel filter to the IP and return lines Swapped out the little hoses between the Injector...
  11. F

Perdue Farms Cheap Soy VO

Called over at Perdue Farms today, they we willing to sell pure 100% Soy Bean vegetable oil cheaply. Only problem is they wanted to sell a tanker full of it 6,600 gallons.. It would come out to about $1.- per gallon... I wonder if they are any middle men who would deal in smaller quantities at a...
  12. F

WTB - Various A4 body parts (DC Area)

Trying to spiff up my 99 Jetta, I am lookiing for the following parts that were either lost or damaged.. Rear Plastic tail light covers, mine are slightly cracked Replacemnt Beige Front seats Headlight caps (the plastic piece that goes over the rear of the headlight) I'd prefer pickup over...
  13. F

What Does This Mean?

I pulled up at the pump and saw this yesterday, I've seen it for a while thought I'd ask.. LOW-SULFUR HIGHWAY DIESEL FUEL (500 ppm Sulfur Maximum) WARNING Federal law prohibits use in late model year 2007 and later highway vechicles and engines Its use may damage these vehicles and engines...
  14. F

How hard is it to make Ethanol?

Is it something a home brewer could do safely and economically?
  15. F

A car that runs on wood

On the greascar forums there is a post about a car that runs on a wood generator from what I can tell, http://www.greasecar.com/forum_topicview.cfm?frmtopicID=16981 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4n_OaCIQ-s
  16. F

CAn I just put Halogen Lightbulbs in the Jetta Headlight socket

I would really like one of those shiny headlights that come up and blind me in the middle of the night. Can I just put a bulb in the socket of my 1999 Jetta or do I need to look for an expensive aftermarket headlight unit replacment? I like the yellow or blue tintish ones any suggestions or...
  17. F

WVO what happens to the wax?

When I touch a barrell filled with WVO it is sticky from what seems to be wax/gum type of material. You settle, sock filter some sticky wax residue out but does filtering get the wax out? Does the wax when heated make it pass the fuel filter into the engine? Is the wax bad for the engine...
  18. F

Csi Miami Bio Diesel Driven By Murderer

CSI MIAMI featured a man being run overby an AUDI it sounded like a Gasoline one. Later on the techs from CSI found it was a car driven from 100 % Bio Diesel (Vary rare they said) and found only 4 rental companies rebt cars driven by Bio Diesel. I wonder where they got this plot line from, and...
  19. F

Under 28 Degrees F I can't drive my TDI

I have a 1999 Jetta TDI (157,000 miles on it.) I have a Greasecar Conversion and use some BioDiesel a friend makes for me (very good quality). I noticed last June my Fuel Filter was clogged so I changed it. Everything seemed to be fine till November (I live in Maryland) when I noticed it was...
  20. F

Interested Posting I read about BioDiesel Failures

The information below was posted on the Baltimore Bio-diesel groups I think this is very interesting informationPossible Fuel Pump Failure in VW TDIs, post '99 Mercedes SDs, or any diesel with an injector pump lubricated with fuel- We've seen a sharp rise in injector pump failures, a previously...