Search results

1. B

2003 New Beetle TDI engine ''hesitate'' between 1500 and 1800 RPM

I already wrote many thank's but a special thank's to you ;)
  2. B

Confirmed. My NB drives like new. Even when the engine is'nt warm (blue lamp ON) no more hésitations. The problem has completely vanished. I forgot to say that I also put electric cleaner in the MAF sensor connector and bent the pins a little bit to get better contact. Thank's again
  3. B

OK the result of what I did : I took out the Air Flow Meter sensor and cleaned it with electric components cleaner. I checked the intake a bit and blown air in the snorkel with a reversed shop vac but it looked ok. I took it for a short drive and it seems to be ok. Before that the problem was...
  4. B

The air filter is fine. I'll check everything else as soon as I can. Thank's a lot :)
  5. B

LOL sorry. I should have known. I'm french native speaking so ... Thank's I did'nt have the time to check anything yet. As soon as I can I'll let know the results in case it could help someone else. Thank's again
  6. B

My garage should be free in a couple of days. Then I'll have a good look at the intake. I hope it is something minor :( I already had something similar on my other car, Volvo V50 turbo gas engine and it was the turbo control valve. Thank's a lot
  7. B

Ok, I tried to floor it and I do feel a little something wrong around 1500 rpm when the engine rpm raises. Altough the car accelerate well. When I accelerate gently we do feel very well that there is something wrong. I saw that I get black exhaust every time I floor it. Is that normal? Any...
  8. B

Thank's for your replies :) The car is 235000 kms, no check engine light. I'm gone for the day but tomorrow I'll warm it up and try to floor it from Under 1500 rpm's to see how it will behave. I'm almost sure I won't fell it or won't feel it much. I'll post the results. Thank's again
  9. B

Hi, I own my TDI since 5 months and from the beginning I felt a little something between 1500 and 1800 RPM most of all when cold. Yesterday after a 4 hours ride it became worst even when hot. If I keep the car at a speed the engine must rev between 1500 and 1800 it has like a lack of power like...
  10. B

Outside thermometer sensor question vs ECU

Thank's no problem I won't do that. Do you about the advance? Some say that maybe not enough will cause starting problems. Mine is set to 4 degres.
  11. B

Finally I changed the Temperature Coolant Sensor and erased the code with my obd2 code reader. I still have problems starting when warm. While I was retrieving my codes I saw that the advance was set at 4 degres. Is it too much or not enough?
  12. B

Thank's to both of you for your help time and patience. I should be ok. ;)
  13. B

Sorry I did'nt mean that you're wrong I meant that it's not well done. Sorry but I'm french native and sometimes it sounds odd.
  14. B

Thank's a lot for all infos. I think the fact that the glow plugs continue their cycle after the engine has started is wrong. It is as odd as putting a sensor on the coolant to determine if the combustion chamber is hot enough to burn diesel. I'm far from a genious and maybe I missed something...
  15. B

Jeeee you're fast and precise guys :) Thank's If I may push it a bit further. You said that there were several informations (at least 2)coming from this sensor assy. My next question : What if I disconnect only the part that helps the computer decide the glow plug time? Is it possible ? Will...
  16. B

After a few tests it starts very well since I disconnected the CTS. I give it the glow plug time I want :) My check engine lamp is On since I disconnected the CTS. Is it possible?
  17. B

Thank you Vince that's exactly what I was wondering. Thank's again.
  18. B

Ok I've been able to disconnect the coolant temp sensor. Odd place and odd kind of connector. I get full glow plug now :)I'll try it well in the next days and let you know. Altough I have another question. Is the CTS used for something else tahn the glow plug time? Like the blue temp light or...
  19. B

Thank's a lot Vince. I understood well. As soon as I can I'll check that.