Search results

1. Wisconsinwagen

Us car makers can't make diesel cars by law???

I was at the Chicago Auto Show yesterday. I got to the GM exhibit where they were showing off the new VOlt. I was talking to some of the guys I came with about hybrids and one asked why no one has done a diesel hybrid yet, and I said that VW was working on it but nothing official. Because the...
  2. Wisconsinwagen

My view of the fest

Well I just got home, it's late, and I've got a lot of thoughts running through my head that I feel I better get typed before I forget them. First off, this was my second TDI Fest. It was closer to home, which was nice. Overall, I think the organizers did a pretty good job. The speakers were...
  3. Wisconsinwagen

Room sharing

Wanted: Scantily clad women who enjoy sweaty pillow fights looking for an extra body to stay in their room that would also partake in sed pillow fights.:D I wish. But really, I just realized that like an idiot, I forgot to book myself a room, so if anyone has an extra bed they'd be willing to...
  4. Wisconsinwagen

Best stateside 1/4 mile time?

I'm just wondering what the best 1/4 mile time anyone in North America has run with a TDI? I'm sure it's deep into the 14s, but I haven't been able to find any listings on the forum. JasonTDI and I have decided we're going to try to get my car to 14.99 on the stock turbo. It's something I...
  5. Wisconsinwagen

Towing with a Jetta

What's the most anyone has ever towed with a Jetta? The Euro Spec hitches for the cars are rated for 3300lbs or so. I'm considering towing a race car I have to and from the track on a tow dolly equipped with brakes. It's a pretty light car and the whole rig should weigh in the neighborhood of...
  6. Wisconsinwagen

New PB at the dragstrip!

Today I made about 2 dozen passes at Byron Dragway in IL, my best one being 15.59 @ 87.56 MPH with a 2.29 60'. Considering the upgrades I've got, I think that's a very respectable time. It's also 8 tenths faster than my best pass last year. To put it into context, 2 cars ago, my very rare 5...
  7. Wisconsinwagen

New TDI badge

Finally got my car rebadged the way I wanted to. Check out my avatar to see my new TDI badge. Those are all factory letters. I had wanted a gold D but they just don't make it, so I had to settle for green. Still, I got all the primary colors in it! Comments? EDIT: By the way, in making this...
  8. Wisconsinwagen

Company designs new engine that's 80% efficient

This may have already been posted on here, I don't post in this section a lot. But this was very interesting to watch and it really makes a lot of sense. Enjoy! http://youtube.com/watch?v=f5xXBb_mrYc
  9. Wisconsinwagen

2007 Navi CDs

Were these ever made? If so, where can I get them?
  10. Wisconsinwagen

Better sun visors?

Being 6'5", I have to have my seat all the way back when I drive, but the visor does not cover up the back 5 inches of my door window, so I still get glare in my eyes when driving which is very anooying. Most car companies these days include a plastic sliding extension in their visor to make up...
  11. Wisconsinwagen

Room sharing thread

I haven't seen this thread started yet so I thought make one. It worked awesome last year, at least for me. Does anyone have and extra bed and would be willing to split the room rate and save some money?
  12. Wisconsinwagen

With hopes of taking a Mk II racing...

So I have the opportunity to get my hands on a '91 Jetta diesel for free. The eco-diesel motor is shot and needs a complete rebuild, but the body is in great shape aside from one dent and rust bubbling up around two door handles, and the underside is rust free apart from various suspension bits...
  13. Wisconsinwagen

4th of July TDI badge

I finally have all the pieces together to make my new trick TDI badge. The hardest part was getting a MK IV FSI badge with a blue I, but tonight while browsing EBay I found one and bought it instantly. So now what I"ll have is a Red T, a Silver D, and a Blue I, and I think it's gonna look...
  14. Wisconsinwagen

GLI exhaust tip

Does anyone know if the Jetta GLI exhaust tip is welded onto the muffler or if it's removeable? I recently put the GLi rear bumper trim on my Jetta since I'm going to remove the muffler, but I like that GLI tip and I'm wondering if I can get it without a muffler.
  15. Wisconsinwagen

Gearboxes and ratios

Is there a listing anyone of the gearboxes that were offered in the A4 cars and what ratios the gears were in them?
  16. Wisconsinwagen

Ca40g

This is a fuel additive made by a company called CMH Industries. They originally forumlated it to work in tractors with diesels, but apparently they've found it works in any type of petroleum based fuel, and they are saying they guarantee an increase in fuel economy of 10%. I heard about this on...
  17. Wisconsinwagen

Where have you mounted your boost gauge?

I was hoping to get some ideas for where to mount one in my car. Ideally I'd go to the A-pillar, but can't because of the airbags. Putting one in the middle of the dash looks tacky and a bit to ricer for my taste. The steering column may be ok if someone makes one you can mount to it that is...
  18. Wisconsinwagen

Attn Chemical Boffins: MPG Caps

My cousin is on board with this company that makes these capsules. He tried to sell me on running some in my Jetta yesterday and I declined simply because I don't know wnough about them, and I don't buy any of these products because if they really worked, why doesn't everyone use them...
  19. Wisconsinwagen

Drag raced for the first time

Well, not in my life but the first time in my Jetta. I had no grip on the launch so my 60' times were bad, but my best run was 16.4x something or other. I guess I'm not surprised, I've only done a chip and a clutch, and the car made all it's speed on the 1/8 mile. Anyone I ran that was close to...
  20. Wisconsinwagen

Sarasota wheels on a Mk IV

Ever since I saw those new Sarasota wheels on the 2006 up Beetles I wondered how they'd look on my Jetta. Today I finally passed by my local dealer and snapped some pics of a Beetle with them on and did the worst photoshop in the world to see what they would look like on my car: Call me...