Search results

1. M

First time replacing transmission 2011 TDI CJAA Any advice greatly appreciated

Definitely mechatronic fail, the blinking wrench is a give away. I have used https://www.ecutesting.com/common-faults/volkswagen/vw-audi-dsg-gearbox-ecu/ to remedy without having to pay for brand new unit. They were a pleasure to work with, lifetime replacement/support and were quick with the...
  2. M

Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 5w-40 Safe to Use?

Yeah, I'd say "more" premature than it would normally. You definitely don't want to use the "Delvac" in a DPF car but the 5w30 is AMAZING in deleted and I'm sure the 5w40 would be as well. If you want to used good Mobil, the "ESP 5w30" in your post is what you want to use. The new OEM oil for...
  3. M

Valve Cover Replacement for 2014 VW Passat TDI (CKRA Engine).

Interesting it didn't fire up right away, first tried BUT good to know you used VCDS to do it right, no playing roulette with these CP4's. 😬
  4. M

To delete or not....

Let them keep fixing (warranty on my Golf was good all the way to 217k and I had injector/thermostat/intake all replaced, just to name a few) and you keep driving loaner cars until warranty is up. There is nothing quite like a turbo to tailpipe warranty that I have seen actually used to replace...
  5. M

Valve Cover Replacement for 2014 VW Passat TDI (CKRA Engine).

Did you use VCDS to clear air from the system and prime or just tried to start?
  6. M

2011 jetta tdi engine harness

I believe this is the part number 03L971627K and you can use your VIN to check here and even order >>>> https://parts.vw.com/p/Volkswagen_2011_Jetta/Engine-Wiring-Harness/47991081/03L971627K.html I just had my daughters replaced on her 350k Jetta TDI. It had rubbed through in the normal spot...
  7. M

Guess what? P02149 code has reappeared once again....

Oh wow, well, since still under warranty and assuming you do get loaner every time, I'd keep taking it back. I did that on my 11 Golf TDI that was still under dieselgate warranty all the way to 217k. Lots of things >>> injector, 3 sets of DPF hardware, thermostat, intake and nice loaner cars. :)
  8. M

Guess what? P02149 code has reappeared once again....

Hi Guys, I was wondering if the new engine harness WAS the issue and how your car is running now if you got it replaced, well, that and the HPFP?? I'd also LOVE to know if anyone has a DIY hidden away for replacing these old "short" harnesses with new "longer, new and improved" harnesses? Even...
  9. M

Burning smell from heat

I zoomed in on the new one and this part number 0170 132 002 search brings me to this part 5Q0963235C.
  10. M

Timing belt change question - freaking out!

You are right, I was working from memory (though I set in the middle or just to right) and now see "lateral offset: 5mm" in my Erwin files.
  11. M

Burning smell from heat

Did you look at it and confirm with your own eyes? Stop Sell cars were jettisoned all over the country and it's pretty easy to see if you have one if you remove the right panel on the driverside of the car and look. I think it's terrible that VW doesn't issue a safety recall for this even...
  12. M

DPF Pressure Sensors Melted

That sensor is part of the emissions system, how many miles on your car and his it still under extended warranty? Check here >>> https://www.vwdieselinfo.com/ as that is BS even if it's not under warranty. As others said, the sensor is brittle from the heat from the DPF and the dealer didn't...
  13. M

Upgraded fuel metering valve

So after watching a video or two and searching more, I found this >>> https://www.dieselplace.com/threads/how-can-an-exergy-system-saver-protect-your-fuel-system.980830/post-9868250 Now I'm not sure if that actually fits our cars... will do some more poking around but the Whitbread kit...
  14. M

13 jetta tdi problems need help

I know this is pretty old BUT what ended up actually being the issue?
  15. M

Upgraded fuel metering valve

What I'm wondering is if this part is one of the "upcharged" versions the OP was talking about Thoroughbred Diesel Energy Fuel system saver AND if they actually protect from a CP4 completely $hitting the bed like the 2Micro containment kit OR the newly released, 2023/24 version of it from...
  16. M

Timing belt change question - freaking out!

Book says we have a 5mm variance on either side to be within spec. Solution is to tighten the tensioner a touch and retest. That looks pretty close to within spec but I try to be very close to the notch or just to the right.
  17. M

Oil options after delete

I like the Mobil Delvac 1 Advanced Synthetic 5w30 or 5w40 (if you can't find the 30 weight especially given your temp) for the "off-road" TDI's. I've done 20k runs on it (2009 TDI I sent back to VW) and analysis came back and oil still had life in it. I've got 2 more MK6 that run it and it's...
  18. M

CJAA P00AF Adventure

AH HA! Ok, gotcha. Well I'm thinking the issue my buddy has are not leaky gasket because EGR is (may have) gone away. ;);) I'm going to use what you provided around trouble shooting though and will also do some logging of the requested vs actual boost pressure (as you did) to see if maybe the...
  19. M

CJAA P00AF Adventure

So I'm trying to wrap my head around IF this (the gasket) issue could also happen on car with full EGR delete. :unsure: EGR function is usually coded out in the tunes so I don't know why the leaky gasket would tell any systems there was an issue OR why it would cause the turbo to react...
  20. M

Omaha, NE chat thread

I'm picturing the "tires and oil check" in my mind... Tech pulls car out of drop off bay, parks, gets out and kicks each tire (check, check, check and check... GOOD!) then pops hood, pulls dipstick (yup, it's got oil in it... GOOD!) then pulls around building and tells customer everything is...