Search results

1. pharmerman

I'm baaack!

I've had enough experience w/ diesel to know that's what I want, but not enough time, tools, or energy to do it myself. Is there anyone out there that would do the swap for me if I showed up with a car, the necessary parts and cash?
  2. pharmerman

I'm baaack!

The Audi 2.0 TFSI with a tdi and seats from the s4 would be close enough for me.
  3. pharmerman

Back with a TDI

Lovely ride. Nobody does interiors like Audi at this price point. I've always loved how solid they feel, and that magnificent "thunk" sound when you close the door. They have acoustical engineers who design all the sounds of the driving experience.
  4. pharmerman

4 motion wheeling

Totally bored so I watched a youtube vid of this eastern European kid 4 wheeling and mudding in a Passat glx. His technique was awful, just a lead foot spinning his wheels most of the time, BUT that 4 motion was amazing and rescued his butt over and over again. I love detailing my cars so it...
  5. pharmerman

new to me 2005 passat wagon on a tow dolly . WELL THAT DIDN'T LAST LONG

Also, don't miss opportunities to meet up at the GTGs in your area. These are wonderful opportunities to learn a TON about your car & save huge amounts of cash. I was stunned how much more I knew about my car than the dealer service people.
  6. pharmerman

new to me 2005 passat wagon on a tow dolly . WELL THAT DIDN'T LAST LONG

I truly feel your frustration, as I have purchased some real POS's in the past, BUT having said that, I realized the problem was me, not the cars. You see, my expectation of a used car was the same as if I were buying a new one; pay money and drive. Now I have enough experience to KNOW that if...
  7. pharmerman

Audi Back at Le Mans in 2022 With a Hypercar

That's great news for smaller race teams with limited budgets. Let the big boys fight among themselves for recharging stations. I'll always want a puff of smoke coming from my garage.
  8. pharmerman

TDI nightmare

I've been through a similar deal with Ford. My girlfriend at the time claims the accelerator got stuck and she wrecked my truck. Couldn't get a lawyer to touch the case with a 10 foot pole. All this onboard tech, yet forensically useless it seems.
  9. pharmerman

2005 passat tdi bhw

Dang. Wish you were closer. I'm in Michigan.
  10. pharmerman

TDI nightmare

So they admitted to you that the vehicle had a faulty rev limiter which destroyed your engine? You need to realize you should be able to floor that vehicle at the track all day without a hiccup. Top gear, pedal to the floor should simply rev to the limit, kick down and rev back up to the...
  11. pharmerman

Homemade ATV with 1.9TDI engine and AT gearbox!

That engine seems a mile wide sitting in a car, yet small enough to straddle in an ATV. Awesome swamp machine, where torque is king.
  12. pharmerman

I'm baaack!

Looks like you may be in the Windsor area. I'm in West Michigan. Do you have a shop?
  13. pharmerman

I'm baaack!

You have my full and undivided attention. Would you happen to have a link to someone doing this swap? Seems like computer management would choke unless it's an engine code already used in Europe.
  14. pharmerman

I'm baaack!

Good to know. Always something quirky to deal with on these. Any successful GLX 4-motion conversions? Marty lives within an hour of me, so I'm mulling over building my dream rather than trying to find it.
  15. pharmerman

I'm baaack!

I thought the manual tranny was available for 2004-2005? I had the Panzer on my B4. Awesome upgrade. I had several deep gouges by the time I sold the car, so I know it saved me from the tow truck.
  16. pharmerman

I'm baaack!

Haven't been here in about 10 years. Haven't seen any of you since the Grand Rapids, Michigan TDI fest. I've long since parted with that '96 Passat (B4), but vee dub runs deep in my veins. I had a wonderful 2002 passat gasser (RIP), and my son is driving a 2015 passat (too nice for a first...
  17. pharmerman

Is new diesel improved over 2003 1.9

I mostly lurk on this site since I sold my '96 Passat some years ago (still regret doing that) but...I don't drive 125 miles/day anymore. I am in love with the styling direction VW has headed towards which is why I purchased a B5.5 GLX manual. I drove the '06, but found the build quality of...
  18. pharmerman

Algae Biofuels Not Ready For Scale-Up

Great topic. It's interesting to note that green algae lipid production increases in nutrient poor conditions. In terms of yield per acre, algae will change the world when the process becomes a bit more refined (pun intended). http://www.oilgae.com/algae/oil/yield/yield.html
  19. pharmerman

04 passat tdi for sale

interior is beige correct?