Search results

1. U

1999 Jetta Jumping Time

I'm getting a little frustrated with this thing. I've had the car for about 3 years. Bought it with 203,000 miles on it. It was Mechanic owned and pretty well maintained for all mechanical (engine/trans/drivetrain) items. Regularly serviced and all replacement parts replaced with replacement...
  2. U

1999 Jetta Jumping Time

I'm getting a little frustrated with this thing. I've had the car for about 3 years. Bought it with 208,000 miles on it. Mechanic owned and pretty well maintained for all mechanical (engine/trans/drivetrain) items. Regularly serviced and all replacement parts replaced with replacement parts from...
  3. U

VNT Actuator died...thanks to all the info here

I was able to diagnose and correct the issue with no problems...although that actuator can be a real pain to change on the car! HA! Since the DLC764's went in the car a couple of months ago, I've really been enjoying my 90 mile a day commute....until about 3 weeks ago. I'd changed all the...
  4. U

Installed DLC 764's and set timing..WOW!

Took all of 1.5 hours to pull old injectors, clean pockets, install new Injectors and burp the rack and have her purring again....another 1.5 with getting mechanical timing correct, hammer mod to get IQ to 5.3 and just....plain....wow! Anyone who's been hesitant as to how much this will...
  5. U

Door Latch module(s)?

Ok, So not sure who here has been following my door lock fiasco with the new to me 99.5 Jetta.... I got the car, the PO had unplugged the door locks because they wouldn't even latch all of a sudden and he couldn't figure it out...been that way for about 5 years..... I found a broken key...
  6. U

So I guess I'm learning....now the CCM is clicking

like crazy... I received the door latch module yesterday, installed it this morning...door opens and closes as it should, door locks and unlocks...but as soon as I pushed it the first time, the CCM started clicking like crazy when the door was open....when I get in and close it, it stops...
  7. U

Different Temp Sending Units?

So I note that I have the bastard year, 99.5 (NB) MKIV Jetta....in looking for a temp sending unit, I pulled the current model...It's blue...I've only found a couple of places online to find them. My Son is an Assistant Manager at O'reilley's. And he's a gearhead, fellow TDI owner and damned...
  8. U

WTB: MKIV door lock pins and rods X4

Bought the car with a door lock problem. PO had removed them so no one would know the car wasn't locked!
  9. U

MKIV 99.5 Jetta Door Locks/Cruise

Hi Guys, I think this is my first post here, although I've been lurking for about a year. My Son has a 98, MKIII and I've had to help him out with a few things. So, I think I'm pretty familiar with the bugs these German girl gets...a bit about me, I'm a retired Marine (30 years), with the last...