Search results

1. T

Rear Trunk Release

the trunk release on my 04 TDI is not functioning when using the wierless remote or the release inside the car. The Key on the other hand does wopen it. That being said, I removed the plug from the Actuator, relay or what ever you call the part that activates it from the remote or drivers door...
  2. T

Brakes

Hey Guys I know I havent been online in ages, matter of fact, I dont live in NS no more. Moved to Quebec about 14 months ago. I'm having an issue when reversing, it seems like the brakes are sometimes non existent. Brakes were replaced all around about 2 years ago (I'm guessnig there as...
  3. T

Wheel Bearing

Anyone ever replace a Wheel Bearing? Diesel Auto electric is tellin me they sell Wheel Bearing and then they sell a Kit, which includes a cir clip and 4 nuts..... Any uide if you need thnuts and Circlip?
  4. T

Vag-Com

Does anyone have a Vag-com that can help diagnose whether I have MAF/N75 issues or plot demanded boost vs actual to see if theres a vacuum leak on my Jetta?
  5. T

Engine bay layout

I once used to have a jpg of my 2004's engine bay layout but cannot find it any more. Does anyone know where I can find a jpg that lays out the engine compartment?
  6. T

Drivers side door

Well my drivers side door stopped latching. And I cant find my Manual which would tell me how to take the door apart. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. Has anyone see a post anywhere that shows disassembly of the door past the outside door panel?
  7. T

Turbo replacement

Has anyone ever done a Turbo replacement before? My 04 PD blew another one.
  8. T

Front door clips

Just got a recall notice in the mail about front door clips. Is this an issue with these cars?
  9. T

Turbo

About a year ago My jetta went into Limp mode and Hillcrest replaced the turbo. The next day after picking it up it was back in limp mode again and Hillcrest took the car back and returned it to me the following day telling me that the Vaccum line was cracked. Withiin the past few months the...
  10. T

Brakes

OK, I know I posted on this topic in Dec or Jan but for the life of me I cant find it. Jeff, me and you were talkin about it when I was down a while back too. I need a complete brake job, other than Pads and disks is there anything else I need?
  11. T

Timing belt

Does anyone know where I can get a timing belt installed in Halifax area, I'll be buying the parts from brian so Hillcrest/Steele are out of the question.
  12. T

Turbo

What are the symptoms of a turbo failing? For a while now I have been hearing squealing comin from the engine compt, but its never persistent. Couldn't even get it to make a peep when me and Fyrman took it for a spin one day. It does seem that there is a lack of power, but like the noise is not...
  13. T

Help

OK. So Im on the way in to town to get the daughter and there was a high pitched squeal that came from the engine bay. This happened several times, but as long as I didnt stress the car it seemed to work. Checked the oil and it was down, put 3/4 litre in it but the car seems to still be making...
  14. T

Brake Job

Need a brake job done real cheap after the holidays. Can anyone do this?
  15. T

Ouch

Banged up the Jetta today. Hit the rear end of a Jeep liberty. Thank god my car was harder of the 2. Jeep needs a new bumper, damage to mine will probably not get repaired as its not too evident.
  16. T

Headlight burn out UGH

Well the drivers side headlight burnt out. Is there an easy procedure to do this? I did a search and got 51 pages of crap.
  17. T

Rumbling

This morning I was getting onto the Highway. As I was doing so I heard a really deap throated rumbling coming from what seemed under the car... Sounded almost like when the engine is between 1000 and 1500 rpm's and you give it a lot of fuel, but a lot louder. I stopped the car, turned it off...
  18. T

Guess what

Came home after the long weekend to a flooded house.... UGH :mad:
  19. T

Ot

Does anyone know if there is software like Vagcom that can be used on a Dodge Ram, wondering if you can extract temps and boost info through the computer of my Cummins.
  20. T

Headlight

OK, the friggin passenger headlight just burnt out. Is there a better replacement than what VW Offers?