Search results

1. 1001 lb-ft

Green Diesel Engineering Beta Testing Review

I really couldn't tell if this was an attempt at comedy or a troll peeking out from underneath his bridge to say hello.
  2. 1001 lb-ft

Frank, it has a hair over 35K.
  3. 1001 lb-ft

Okay, just got through tank #3 mostly on version 2 of the tune. MPG for this tank was 36.354. That's now a three tank average of 36.5563 besting the stock average by a little more than 3.3mpg. That said I'm going back to V1. The car was much more responsive with that version of the tune...
  4. 1001 lb-ft

How to do your buyback calculations (& post them here!)

2013 JSW, 35,000 miles with options added: Buyback = $26,837 Modification = $6,962 Did the math using July. Either way I'm good. Bought the car in March of this year and after trade-in only have $7K in it.
  5. 1001 lb-ft

My initial impression of V2 isn't as enthusiastic as y'alls, but we'll finish out this tank before making a final decision. V2 was installed with 76 miles on this tank so there's a bit to go.
  6. 1001 lb-ft

Sweet, glad to hear it. I'll be installing V2 tomorrow morning.
  7. 1001 lb-ft

Just finished off the second tank and all is well. No complaints at this time. The newness of the tune has worn off a bit so not as much "playing" going on. Driving has normalized to pre-tune status. This tank full had the best mpg since owning the car at 37.6861 mpg (as a reminder, this is...
  8. 1001 lb-ft

Wayne, Thanks for the report Brother. It is kinda fun to play with now aint it?
  9. 1001 lb-ft

Thank you for taking the time to contribute but your comments sound as though you didn't read the whole thread before posting. This is a beta test that has pretty much just started. Nobody performing this beta test is jumping to conclusions about anything, but rather simply reporting initial...
  10. 1001 lb-ft

applejacks, thanks for the report. Those numbers are very impressive. Did you do any playing on that first tank or were you able to remain disciplined? *Break* Mike, if it helps my '13 at 75mph is just a hair above 2000 rpm.
  11. 1001 lb-ft

I wonder if the DSG's learning parameters combined with different driving styles is causing our different driving experiences. Our JSW obviously has a little bit of lag from a dead stop, but far less than stock to the point that, if you didn't know better, you would think it is a gas engine...
  12. 1001 lb-ft

Have you called Keith?
  13. 1001 lb-ft

Jaguar new Diesel Sport SUV, VW JSW Killer!

Well, seems as though Jag doesn't believe Diesel is dead. Good for them. An Airstream Sport 22 would go behind that nicely. Towing and camping in style. Hmmmm.......
  14. 1001 lb-ft

Gentlemen, finally got through the first tank on the tune. Driving habits are unchanged....95% or more city driving with a max speed of 45 for the commute. During this tank my Wife admittedly was "having fun" with the car. Don't know what that really means, but she didn't get a ticket, so I...
  15. 1001 lb-ft

Joining the ranks today...

Good for you young man and congratulations on your find. Hope you enjoy it!
  16. 1001 lb-ft

Waiting on you Marine! Very Respectfully, Your friendly neighborhood Seabee :D
  17. 1001 lb-ft

Have fun with it during your trip. Let us know how it goes.
  18. 1001 lb-ft

Sorry Brother, only about 25 miles a day on the JSW. As of last night 200ish miles on current tank with the computer saying 350ish to go. I'll have something soon.
  19. 1001 lb-ft

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

Don't you go messing up this thread with logic and crazy mathematical wizardry!