Search results

1. E

Entire TDI family named "Worst Foreign Car Engine Of All Time"

I have owned 22 VW diesels along with 6 Mercedes diesels and 6 diesel pickups. I have NEVER had a diesel related engine problem with all these cars. Keep clean oil and filter in them, buy fresh fuel, keep your glow plugs in good order, and a hot battery and you should be able to put 300K on...
  2. E

Fix for when push to start button acts up

6 years later, this youtube video helped me fix my 81K 2014 JSW. My pushbutton start has been 'balky' the last 8K miles. I thought I'd fix it before it left me stranded. I used the plastic eraser that you put on the end of a pencil to clean the gold only. Thanks again everyone!
  3. E

JSW passenger light removal

No One? No one has had to replace the passenger lights in a Jetta JSW? I've put pressure everywhere and can't get the fixture to drop out of the ceiling material. Thanks.
  4. E

No pics? How about someone explaning the trick. TIA
  5. E

Bought my 21st VW diesel

LU-AH-VUL as a rule. LOL
  6. E

2014 JSW, sunroof. I am replacing the bulbs to LED. Everything is easy except the two passenger lights near the rear doors. Can’t get the housing removed. Read instructions but can’t get the technique. Supposed to be a side spring to be pushed and it releases the housing. Anyone have a...
  7. E

Bought my 21st VW diesel

Last month I bought my new(to me) 2014 JSW SEL, 74K. I really love the loaded wagons! This is my 21st VW diesel since 1984. I have owned 5 rabbits, 2 dashers, 2 Quantums, 2 pick ups, 3 new beetles, and 7 Jettas. I love the sound, torque, economy, and smell of diesel cars. Also owned 6...
  8. E

Passenger side view mirror turn marker light

Bought a new(to me) 2014 JSW, 72K. The right turn side indicator light has a crack in it and one of the bulbs is out. I am having lots of confusion trying to buy one on EEBay. Not many ads include a 2014 Sportswagen. Are all MKVI's the same? TIA.
  9. E

Strange fuel mileage lately after phase 2

More My phase 2’was in June. Even did some 100 mile trips since. The surprise here is that all of a sudden some good fuel numbers. We will see.......
  10. E

Strange fuel mileage lately after phase 2

I bought a new 2015 Jetta last August.. Had only phase 1 and got 41-42 in suburban driving with gobs of torque. Got my phase 2 done with mileage drop to 38 under same conditions. I was disappointed and wrote VWofA. They sent me back for a re-tune and the dealer said there are no codes so we...
  11. E

2015 Gen 3 Fix Phase 2

In Total Agreement Your assessment of the phase 2 fix is correct. My car is behaving just as you describe.
  12. E

2015 Gen 3 Fix Phase 2 - First Impressions

You are correct. In fact, mine is a DOG in 6th gear for accelerating. And I've lost 3-4 mpg. They did some hardware R&R and then on a 2nd visit had to fix my adblue injector. Somewhere along the way they messed up my car.
  13. E

Bitslop has it correct. I want to stay in 6th and push the accelerator down and have the torque of the engine do it. My TDI used to have gobs of torque and now it doesn't feel like the same car. Some engines develop torque by revving up. Diesel engines are naturally torque engines. I...
  14. E

That is exactly what I thought. Something is amiss in my re-tune. Now to get someone to listen to me at VWofA!
  15. E

Good advice and I did it. I got the car up to around 60 mph and put my DSG tranny into manual mode. I stepped down on the accelerator and a VERY slow acceleration to 70 mph. This car is NOT the SAME CAR I brought into to get the phase 2 done. I am disappointed to say the least. I drove...
  16. E

Bought with phase I fix I purchased it new with the phase I already. The car just doesn't have the 'grunt' and pulling power it had before. If I'm in 6th gear(DSG) and push down on the pedal it downshifts into 5th. Before it would use its ample torque to accelerate in an impressive manner...
  17. E

Very Dissappointed with new VW 'tune' I have had my VW for a week now. I really don't like the new tune. 3 issues: 1. Transmission reset to rev higher 2. Hardly any 'pulling' torque 3. worse mileage I might as well be driving the 1.4 gas model Jetta. Drives just like a gas car with...
  18. E

2015 Gen 3 Fix Phase 2

Have CEL after phase 2 Took mine in and they kept it two days for: phase 2, DEF fluid leak, oil and filter change. Shift points are different, less torque I think, and a dreaded CEL. Called the service manager and he hasn't returned my call. Folks, there was a LOT of paperwork involved in...
  19. E

White Stuff on electrical connector?

Fixed my current profile. Thanks Sailor.