Search results

1. E

Lift for TDI Sportwagen (for oversize tires)

Do these mods work with the 5 door Golf?
  2. E

Any old-timers left? (I joined in 1999.)

Joined 2001. Now I have a factory new engine in the Syncro. Ready for another 18 years!
  3. E

Fuel filter options

I do drive it in the winter. I slather the vehicle with Fluid Film. I haven't had an issue with fuel gelling in any of my diesels (yet). Perhaps luck? I do use additive in every tank. I have recently added a transmission filter/cooler/oiling system and had to rearrange my engine bay. The MK4...
  4. E

Fuel filter options

I have an ALH in my Syncro camper currently with the stock MK4 fuel filter configuration. I am thinking of changing to the MK1 style without the return heating loop. Those who have converted their vehicles that were not originally diesel-equiped...what have you done to eliminate the extra fuel...
  5. E

Diesel Injector return line clamps

I've had good luck with the Viton lines from Mcmaster.
  6. E

Boost Gauge Options

http://www.mcnallyelectronics.com/BoostEGT-gauge-Combo-Kit_p_13.html
  7. E

Central/Southern VT. GOOD body shops?

Don't know anyone "down there" but i have a few suggestions in Chittenden county.
  8. E

1984 Vanagon Westfalia TDI

Nice!
  9. E

Vnt 17 or s7?

Brand new S7 S7 vs VNT17
  10. E

Recommend me a snow tire

The Nokians rock but are money. I ran them (studded) for decades and never regretted the decision. I had Blizzaks once on a 1988 Subaru 4WD wagon. First year they were merely OK. Second season they sucked. Never again! I needed new rubber for my van as the BFG AT's were old. I don't really...
  11. E

ALH TDI engine transplant into '84 Vanagon

Andy. After my conversion (ALH with Rocketchip 2/3/4) I was constantly blowing turbo/IC hoses. The tell-tale "pop and woosh" was so familiar that my daughters would groan and say "dad, a turbo hose just blew". Whenever I thought I "fixed" one another popped off. Seemed like the "weakest...
  12. E

ALH TDI engine transplant into '84 Vanagon

I love it. Get a tune and everything is right in the TDI Van :)
  13. E

Misfueling Guard? Not anymore.

I'm from Vermont. "Discard" means it's in my box of spares.
  14. E

Misfueling Guard? Not anymore.

Don't know if this has been suggested. There are multiple threads about the misfueling menace. My 2013 Golf came with the plastic funnel that some pumps require. PITA. Here's what I did: 1) Place the nozzle in the fuel filler until it contacts the guard. 2) Tilt the nozzle up about 45°. 3)...
  15. E

What would you replace your TDI with????

4WD. DIESEL. STANDARD SHIFT. At this time you can only get 2 out 3 in the states. Hopefully VAG will have all 3 available when I need a new ride. I "compromised" and got a '13 Golf with a stick and made a TDI syncro vanagon. New BMWs, even if they will eventually offer all 3, are just to...
  16. E

Tachometers for conversions

Well then. I cave. I have another unmolested tach and rather than modify it (perhaps unsuccessfully again) I purchased the needed bits from Rock Auto. If it ever stops raining raining here I will post back with photographic results.
  17. E

So I tried to do mechano's adaptation as described here http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/lt-24-petrol-engine-to-25-tdi-conversion_topic60315_post527970.html#527970 No joy in mudville. I'm thinking I wired it incorrectly. My engine cuts out when I connect the tach. Mechano--> Is what you...
  18. E

Pursuant to this, I have never had my tach operating correctly with a Dakota Digital device and will perform Mechano's adaptation this weekend. Can someone kindly confirm that on my 80 pin, 98 NB ECU, pin 67 is the correct tach output for the input on the SAK215.