Search results

1. S

Has anyone ordered a '10 TDI Golf?

It seems there are dealers taking deposits all over the place, yet others say they cannot take any yet. I'm starting to worry I should be finding a dealer to take my money,! : ) Can anyone shed any light on this?
  2. S

FS: 2006 Jetta TDI Pkg. 1, Pkg 1

Asking $23750. See here for more: http://atlanta.craigslist.org/car/642152376.html Thanks.
  3. S

Autotrader vs Ebay

Hi folks, I've decided to sell my beloved 2006 Jetta TDI and am debating between these two methods of sale. I am looking to sell for as high a price as possible (duh!) but want to minimize the potential headaches involved. I have some experience with eBay, but none with Auto Trader. Any advice...
  4. S

Feeler: 06 Jetta TDI, Manual, Pkg. 1, 30,000 miles

In excellent condition, in a southern climate, how does the market value of this car compare to the KBB value of $23,395?
  5. S

Apparently Oil Has Been Spraying From Loose Dipstick

Oil Sprayed From Dipstick Mea Culpa. I have been overdue in checking my oil between changes. Apparently for some period of time my dipstick has been unseated in its tube and oil has sprayed from the dipstick tube onto the adjacent area, particularly my alternator, the upper fan shroud, etc...
  6. S

Shudder in 1st/Rev., especially cold

Hi guys, My car makes me question my ability to drive a stick (after many years of doing so). Each morning, on my drive to work, I come to a stop sign on a slight hill about 1/2 mile from my home. In first gear, whether revving high, revving low, releasing the clutch slowly or quickly, it seems...
  7. S

Noise When Turning Sharply

Hi folks, My 2006 Jetta TDI has about 25000 miles on it. I have recently noticed a low hum from my front end (as best I can describe it) when I make tight, slow turns. At first I thought maybe it was a power steering fluid issue, but when I learned that the system is not a hydraulic one, I...
  8. S

Pela 650 - no suction

Hi folks, My Pela 650 will not make suction. I took it apart and didn't see anything obvious. I know the problem is not in the intake tubing since I took that all off and still felt no vaccuum when I put my palm over the inlet port. Where might I look for the problem? Thanks!
  9. S

Possible changes to engine/exhaust sound?

Hi folks, 3 pages of search results didn't really show me a duplicate of my question so I hope this isn't too much of a repeat: Is there anything I can do to my 2006 TDI to make the sound different, in a pleasing way? I'm not looking for any power increase from exhaust mods. However, larger...
  10. S

Air Filter Maintenance A5

Hi all, I'm suprised that the owner's manual for my 2006 TDI doesn't recommend changing the air filter until 40,000 miles. Am I misunderstanding this? Besides the fact the oil change places make a practice of selling filter changes, any reason to think the filter needs more regular changes?
  11. S

I think I messed up my first oil change!

Hi folks, I think I'm fairly competent in technical and mechanical matters but I think I may have just done the improbable: messed up my first scheduled oil change in my TDI. Here's what I did: With the engine still warm from a drive around town, I got out my new Pela PL-650, attached the...
  12. S

First change at 4600 miles or 5800?

Hi folks, My car is at 4600 miles right now. Saturday I have to make a trip that will put at least 1200 miles on the car (600 each way). Should I do my first oil change before I leave or when I return? Will either option cause me any warranty headache? I realize few can match the maintenance...
  13. S

Fire Extinguisher Mount in MKV Jetta

Hello people, I asked this question last night on the Vortex and due to a poorly chosen subject line the discussion quickly degenerated: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2968977 The situation is this. For personal safety and good samaritan reasons, I just purchased a nice little...
  14. S

2006 Jetta TDI Manual: 41,47

Hi folks, Finally tracked receipts with odometer reading and did a couple of calculations on my Jetta that just hit 4000 miles. One tank averaged 41 MPG and the next one averaged 47 MPG. These tanks were mostly open highway with numerous stop and go traffic jams thrown in. I'm happy... Evan
  15. S

1500 Miles on car, dipstick at "min"

Hi folks, I checked my oil today when the engine was cold. The dipstick was only wet up to the "min" mark. The car has 1500+ milkes on it. If I want to top the oil off between now and my first oil change, what should I put in it. I seem to recall somewhere reading about a special break-in...
  16. S

Picture of New South Turbopod on MkV Jetta?

Does anyone have pics of one of those indigo New South Performance boost gauges mounted to the steering column in a new Jetta? I'm trying to see what it would look like in my car... Thanks! Evan
  17. S

My New TDI From "3193"

Hi folks, Over the past many months I've watched the postings of many of you showing your new cars. I'm happy to be able to say now that I've joined that exclusive club! Chris Farnham has come through in helping another TDIClub member (me) get the exact car he wanted. Below is a picture of the...
  18. S

Window Tinting in GA?

Hi folks, Can anyone recommend a good window tint installer near northeast Georgia or the Atlanta area? Thanks! Evan
  19. S

Why don't more dealers post?

Seeing Chris and Sean doing good business by posting their deals in here, I can't help but wonder, why aren't more dealers paying a visit? Evan
  20. S

Confused over 2006, 2006.5, Special Edition

Hi folks, I am really interested in buying a new Jetta, but after looking at the single one my dealer has on the lot right now, I am as confused as ever about what exactly is shipping now and/or still available (package-wise). My dealer had a package 1 w/ Nav, Premium Sound, 17" Vison V's and...