Search results

1. 0

Considering a new Golf TDI

I am back...after being gone for almost 3-1/2 years. I may once again be changing jobs and if this position comes through may be commuting about 50K miles per year. Since i owned a TDI before, of course I'm looking at another one. I like the Golf 5 door body style, but am undecided with...
  2. 0

FS: MKIV TDI "Stuff" :-)

As those who used to see me around a lot may have noticed, well, I haven't been around. I ended up selling my 2004 TDI PD Wagon due to the fact that I got a new job that gave me a truck plus a gas card. Having a spare vehicle with a payment and insurance didn't make sense so it had to go. It...
  3. 0

FS: PD Glow Plugs, set of 4

I bought these for my 04 PD but I've sold the car. These are new in the box. $150 shipped and get the air filter I was was going to put on the car for free as well.
  4. 0

FS: 2004 VW Jetta Wagon GL TDI, 5-sp

Sold As the title says I'm selling the Wagon. It is a 2004 Jetta Wagon GL TDI 5-spd (VIN# WVWRR61J94W183943) with just shy of 92K miles. I was offered a job in a new company which will provide me a work truck with all expenses paid which means the TDI would sit and rot in my driveway so it has...
  5. 0

FS: OZ Superleggera, 18x9

Please check out my auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=016&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=260158825201&rd=1#ebayphotohosting I know this is not the typical 18" wheel crowd, but I figured I'd give it a try anyways! :D
  6. 0

Poor Mileage Theories...

I've been getting pretty rotten mileage for the last 2 months and have been trying to track down the reasons why. This decrease in fuel economy seems to have began with when my AC crapped out. Apparently I have a leak in the AC system and it stopped cooling on 7/2/07. I had one shop check it...
  7. 0

Developing 2nd gear grind

Lately I have began to notice that when I shift from 1st to 2nd at anything over 3000RPM the tranny will grind. It will only do it from 1st to 2nd. I've never really noticed this before becuase I used to always shift at 2000-2500 but now have been doing more P2F driving to keep the intake and...
  8. 0

FS: 16x7 OZ Ultraleggera 5x100, only 15lbs

These wheels have been my daily drivers for the past year. The rubber is gone and I'm likely switching back to the original 15" VW alloys. I am asking $650 for the set + shipping which should be in the ballpark of $50. I'll post up some pictures ASAP.
  9. 0

Going to buy some B99...

Well, I finally found a local spot to buy some bio and am going to start running some through my PD. My plan is to fill some 5 gal jugs that I have at home and when I need to refuel pour in 5 gal of B99 and the other 10-11 gallons of ULSD to get @ B30. Now, my car has nearly 80K miles so I...
  10. 0

Do you carry a quart of oil in your trunk?

Well if you do, keep in mind that the summer heat may cause it to spill. Apparently my bottle of Motul 505.01 that was in the trunk got heated up, expanded and blew the top off of the bottle. THis then dumped the whole liter in the my trunk (spare tire compartment) and continued to leak...
  11. 0

Motor fuel tax for veggie oil users...

http://www.makezine.com/blog/archive/2007/06/a_price_to_pay_for_altern.html?CMP=OTC-0D6B48984890 I couldn't beleive this when i read it. What do you think?
  12. 0

Alternator questions...

So last night I was driving home when i get surprised by the battery light flashing intermittently on the dash. Get home, pop the hood with the car idling and you can hear what sounded like the ac compressor cycling on and off (AC was off), but it was the alternator making the noise. Put a...
  13. 0

Suspension Solutions...

I have an 04 Wagon, and have been riding on OEM springs and Koni Yellows with 205/60-16 tires on OZ Ultraleggera's. We all know that the wagon rides high, specially the rear. For the most part the taller tires have helped to reduce the fender gap but my next set of tires will be the properly...
  14. 0

Normal Boost...check before RC2

I recently installed a boost gauge to monitor what my engine/turbo are up to prior to buying RC2. Cruising at 65 I'm usually @5-6psi, 75mph @ 10-11psi. Under throttle boost builds quickly up to @17-18 and kicks back to 15. On occasion it'll over shoot when throttle is first applied to 20-22...
  15. 0

UOA 10K mile Motul 505.01, 60K on PD motor

Miles on Oil 10,000 Miles on Engine 59,927 Sample Date 12/19/2006 Aluminum 15 Chromium 4 Iron 116 Copper 4 Lead 2 Tin 1 Molybdenum 4 Nickel 1 Manganese 2 Silver 0 Titanium 0 Potassium 3 Boron 2 Silicon 6 Sodium 3 Calcium 2976 Mangnesium 21 Phosphorus 1126 Zinc 1325 Barium 0 SUS Viscosity @210F...
  16. 0

Coolant idiot light on dash flashing

Its happened 3 times already...when I start the car in the morning, the temp warning light on the dash starts to flash and doesn't stop. I've checked the coolant level in the reservoir and it is perfect. Wierd thing is, when it happens if you turn off the car and restart it goes away. Even...
  17. 0

Any one with VAG-COM in Tampa/St. Pete, need HELP!!!

I am on a road trip visiting family...this morning when I started the car the temp warning light on the dash came on. I checked the coolant level and it is perfect. Turned off the car and restarted it and the light went away...car drove normal, warmed up and maintained temperature. The next...
  18. 0

HELP!! Currently on road trip...

This morning when I started the TDI the temp warning light came on (it was about 55 outside and the car was stone cold)...I left the car running, opened the hood and checked the coolant reservoir and the level was good. Turned off the car and restarted it and the light went away, car drove...
  19. 0

How cold it too cold???

Since I'm a Miamian and new to diesel...at what temperature should I start worrying about cold starts? I'm heading to Tampa tomorrow and the lows will be in the 30's. End of December I'm heading to Pigeon Forge and I'm sure the lows will be lower. Should I just throw in some Diesel Kleen...
  20. 0

Long vs. Really Long trips

Just out of curiosity...or simply to stir the turds... My typical work commute consists of about 5 miles of city driving where I warm up the car by shifting over 2500 til warm, then shifting @2200 for economy until i get on the T-Pike where I set the cruise at 65. After about another 5 miles I...