Search results

1. MP517PRCT

2011 TDI P205B 00 - Reductant Tank Temperature Sensor

Ok, to make a very long story short, my 2011 Touareg (133k miles) spent most of July and August at the stealership for a coolant issue (only took three trips back and forth to find/fix a bad valve in the coolant system). During this time, I'm bouncing between PA, MD, WA, Europe, and Japan for...
  2. MP517PRCT

Bluetooth connection

Recently got a new phone and I connected it to the bluetooth in my '14 JSW. I use a SD card for my music. With my old phone, I had it set up in the bluetooth, that my phone was a phone only and not a media player, so notifications didn't cause the radio to roll over to media player every time I...
  3. MP517PRCT

2011 Touareg TDI A/T Valve Body Part#

Can someone help me out with the part number for a 2011 Touareg TDI A/T Valve Body? I'm not having luck confirming that the part number is " 0C8325039" or " 0C8325039A" or some other number specific to the TDI? parts.vw.com isn't being clear.
  4. MP517PRCT

Fuel Rail/System Pressure

Friday after Christmas, I did my 40k PM. Noticed some metal specks sitting on top of the fuel filter. 50 miles later glow plug light starts flashing and car goes into limp mode. Fortunately, I was less than 1/2 mile from my house, so I drove home and hooked up VCDS... 000135 - Fuel...
  5. MP517PRCT

BRM Turbo Actuator

The turbo actuator in my '06 Jetta is shot (306k miles). Is there anyway to replace it without pulling the engine and/or turbo? I think adjusting the nuts on the actuator rod will be a PITA since its right up against the firewall.
  6. MP517PRCT

Vredestein Quatrac 5 Tires

Has anyone run Vredestein Quatrac 5 tires on their JSW? Bought a '14 JSW (non-CPO) with the buyback money from my '09 JSW in the beginning of December. Original Continental tires were dry-rotted, but not a big deal at the time, I just put my snows on 2 weeks earlier than normal. I typically...
  7. MP517PRCT

BRM Injector seals

I was having a discussion with someone about fuel filters. When I change the fuel filters in my '09 CR, the used filters are light grey, while the used fuel filters that come out of my wife's '05.5 PD are coal black. Wife and I get diesel from same exact source. The person I was discussing...
  8. MP517PRCT

Walked away from this deal...

I am searching for a replacement for my '09 JSW 6M that I am turning in on 12/6. I drove 2-1/2 hours today to look at a '12 JSW 6M for $12k. The price was good, but I was turned off by the high-pressure sales job. :mad: I took the car for a test drive, stopped in a parking lot, hooked up VCDS...
  9. MP517PRCT

'09 JSW 6MT - which clutch?

I had my '09 JSW at the stealership recently (emergency electrical repair) and the service advisor told me that I'll be needing a new clutch soon. Since, I'm a notorious cheapskate and am somewhat handy, I figured I'd look into doing it myself (side note: I replaced the cam in my wife's '05.5...
  10. MP517PRCT

Blower Motor Resistor

Turning the fan on in my '09 this past weekend, I noticed that i don't feel any air blowing or hear anything until I turn the knob all the way to high. I suspect that the blower motor resistor is bad. The blower motor resistor would regularly die in the several Jeep Libertys that I used to own...
  11. MP517PRCT

Worn BRM Cam causing Cylinder 2 Misfire???

My wife's BRM is throwing an Emissions Workshop code every day or two. Checking it with VCDS, it says Cylinder 2 Misfire. 1 Fault Found: 000770 - Cylinder 2 P0302 - 000 - Misfire Detected Freeze Frame: Fault Status: 01110000...
  12. MP517PRCT

JSW Headliner Tutorial?

I pulled down the front half of the headliner and fixed the front sunroof drains on my JSW. Now I need to fix the rear drains. Does anyone have a tutorial on how to removed the interior trim in the cargo area, so I can get to the drains? I have a Bentley manual, but it isn't too helpful on the...
  13. MP517PRCT

'09 JSW 6MT time for a new cruise control switch? VCDS thinks so...

Driving home to eastern PA from visiting the in-laws in Pittsburgh on Monday, my cruise control stopped working about 100 miles from home. Yesterday and today's morning commute, the cruise worked once and then died. I ran VCDS last night and these error codes came up... 001384 - Cruise Control...
  14. MP517PRCT

Turn signal indicator stuck on - need help ASAP

Got in a fender bender on Sunday (Uber driver hit my right front quarter panel), wife took my '09 JSW to work today. She stopped by the body shop for an estimate and then went to work. After she left the body shop, the "left rear bulb defective" warning came up on the dash. She parked in the...
  15. MP517PRCT

BRM Engine Covers

What's the deal with the lack of upper engine covers on '05.5 and '06 BRM Jettas? The '06 Jetta I owned (bought used) and sold was missing the upper engine cover. The '05.5 I recently purchased is also missing the upper engine cover. My '09 CBEA/CJAA came with it's engine cover intact. Last...
  16. MP517PRCT

2005.5 manual shifter boot and knob???

I am trying to replace the shifter boot and knob on my new to me 2005.5 Jetta TDI. I cant seem to find a replacement for the style of boot that I have. My '05.5s boot has an internal plastic frame (unlike my '09 JSW which has the "normal" external frame with chrome trim). My '05.5 was made in...
  17. MP517PRCT

Buying a TDI in MA and transporting back to PA

I found a TDI in Massachusetts that I would like to buy and take back to Pennsylvania. From what I have seen, MA is nothing short of a total PITA for out-of-state buyers. With no Temp Tags, I have to drive my car up to MA, buy the TDI, drive my car back to PA (and leave the TDI in MA), register...
  18. MP517PRCT

GTG @ Oregon Ridge Park???

Is there any interest in a GTG at Oregon Ridge Park in Cockeysville, MD sometime in June/July? I started looking for a place that allows adult beverages and found that no parks in York, Co., PA allow them. Since it seems that there are quite a few members of this forum that live in the...
  19. MP517PRCT

2009 TDI Engine Swap in PA?

I live in between Harrisburg and York, PA. My 2009 TDI JSW died on Friday and dealer told me that most likely the engine is shot. If I get a replacement engine from a salvage yard, does anyone have a suggestion on a TDI plumber that can do the swap (with in a reasonable distance, I have to...
  20. MP517PRCT

CBEA Engine Swap ???

So, my '09 JSW died on Friday.:confused: Was driving on interstate and got a "Oil Pressure Low Stop Engine NOW" warning on the dash, pulled off at next exit (about 1/2 mile) stopped engine and checked oil level. Oil was ok, so I restarted engine and drove about 200 yards before the car went...