Search results

1. C

Glo plug update question at 305k miles

So my car started giving me a glo plug voltage code and setting off the emissions workshop. I replaced the failing glow plug wires and still have the code after reseting in VCDS. I am now thinking that I have a bad glow plug. How can I tell what plugs are in the car? I have a Frank's cam and...
  2. C

Sourcing axles for manual swap

The axles I got with my swap kit from Frans 4 years ago are remans. Raxles doesn’t have any available. Options are junk yard, dealer or big box Chinese stuff. What are you guys doing? My inner is clicking pretty bad on the drivers side...
  3. C

funky tire wear

My wife noticed the nylon belt showing on the inside of one of the front tires the other day. I was surprised because the rest of the tire looks great. I would have noticed sooner if I had rotated them on time but... Now here is the deal, the alignment shop is telling me there is no camber...
  4. C

What’s it worth?

2005 265k miles 5spd with about 40k on it Stage 1 tune Frank’s cam Good tires New upper/lower control arms and tie rod ends bad: Sagging headliner 2” dent in fender cracked tail light I consistently get around 700 miles per tank with this car. Mechanicals are in good shape. Starts instantly on...
  5. C

2003 Jetta TDI parts car or project

I have a Jetta that I was going to use as a donor for a swap that never materialized. It needs tires, front struts and a trunk latch or switch. Otherwise everything works as far as I know. I never had it on the road but I did drive it around a bit to keep the motor moving. I'll post some...
  6. C

Fastest you’ve driven your b5.5

I’m just curious really, not encouraging anybody to test it lol. I’ve had mine up to about 90mph or so passing semis and such, not much past that. Speedo says 160 top speed. Passat feels like a solid car but 160 is 160! Anybody been there and if so how was it?
  7. C

2001 Jetta TDI part out in Williamsburg, VA

I'm pulling the engine for a TDI swap. I would like to pre sell the auto trans so any potential buyers can test drive the trans first. Car has 195k miles and the PO said the trans had been replaced just before he bought it. Unkown mileage when it was replaced. Shifts fine. Any other parts...
  8. C

Tire suggestions

I have bad control arms and tie rod ends as well as severely worn tires. Planning to replace the front suspension next weekend and looking for some tire suggestions. Does anybody increase size for mileage? Looking for a bullet proof all season that gets a million miles and cost next to nothing.
  9. C

stalling issue at idle, finally have some codes...

I have been struggling with this car for almost a year of on and off stalling at idle. I have replaced a laundry list of items and it cured it for a while. Now its back and the car won't run for more than a 10-20 seconds. Here is what a scan showed this afternoon... 16497 - Intake Air...
  10. C

CCM issue

Possible CCM issue Going down the list of items left to repair on my car. There is not much left thankfully. When I scan the car I get errors for all the door locks EXCEPT the drivers. The trunk release just stopped working recently and that is the motivation behind getting this sorted. Scan...
  11. C

valve cover gasket leak

Trying to attack some of my oil leaks...the front crank and cam seals are good as is the rear main seal. Looks like everything in between is a gusher lol. Any tips on getting the valve cover gasket to seal up properly? I have a new gasket installed and I still have weeping on the downhill...
  12. C

Random Stalling

I have been trying to figure this one out for a while now. The car stalls randomly when I coast in neutral or am stopped. It might happen 4 times a day and then not again for a week. I have done the following. -changed fuel filter and filled with Diesel Purge -changed all fuel lines in the...
  13. C

b5.5 gasser for parts worth it?

I have found a dirt cheap b5.5 gasser with a blown head gasket. it has new tires and struts. Obviously the tires will swap over but what about the struts and the rest of the control arms etc? Are any of the parts compatible from the front end or suspension?
  14. C

B5.5 manual swap shrapnel

I have all the parts you would expect to be left over after a manual swap. Auto trans and torque convertor available. Not sure which went bad. Code was excessive clutch slip. If you want a part taken off the auto, thats fine just let me know. Probably not worth shipping. Good rebuildable...
  15. C

questions about VCDS after manual swap

I have a driveable 5 speed TDI Passat! I also have a flashing brake light and ABS/ESP lights still lit after flashing a Malone tune. I changed the soft coding in the engine and changed the ABS and have re calibrated the steering angle. All the soft coding changes stayed after closing and...
  16. C

5spd conversion walkthrough

I have been searching and I can not find a comprehensive guide to doing the 5 spd conversion. Has anybody done a write up on this? I can pull bits of information from different threads but that makes it difficult to know exactly what I am in for. I am thinking to pull the trans and engine as...
  17. C

Auto failure 100 miles after fluid change

So title says it all. Changed out the fluid and filter a week ago and today it fell out of gear and went into limp. It would not go into gear and then it finally slammed in and I was able to make it home. Fluid was dirty and a quart low when I changed it but no metal in pan so I thought I was...
  18. C

Engine stumbles with less than half tank of fuel

So that is about it. I have noticed that my stumbling or missfire only seems to occur when the fuel level is under half a tank to a third. I can't recall any miss with a full tank. Does not get worse near empty. Does this point to the lift pump? If so is there any way to test the unit...
  19. C

WTB front license plate mount for B5.5

I am looking for the factory front plate mount for my passat. Silver would be nice but I could paint something if needed. Thank you Kristian
  20. C

leftover parts after cam swap

These fell out when I put the lock carrier into service position. One from the left and right wheel wells I think. Anybody recognize these? They look like some type of filter.