Search results

1. C

Glo plug update question at 305k miles

So my car started giving me a glo plug voltage code and setting off the emissions workshop. I replaced the failing glow plug wires and still have the code after reseting in VCDS. I am now thinking that I have a bad glow plug. How can I tell what plugs are in the car? I have a Frank's cam and...
  2. C

Sourcing axles for manual swap

Just throwing this out there so everybody knows because I didn’t....aftermarket axles can’t be rebuilt with VW parts. Raxles told me the splines on the end and the flange are the only things that are the same as OEM. The joints under the boots are different and not available. I may get some of...
  3. C

Scratch the dealer, no longer available according the one I called. Part # 8d0407463px ( pass ) # 8d0407451qx ( drvr )
  4. C

The axles I got with my swap kit from Frans 4 years ago are remans. Raxles doesn’t have any available. Options are junk yard, dealer or big box Chinese stuff. What are you guys doing? My inner is clicking pretty bad on the drivers side...
  5. C

funky tire wear

Just got the car back from the dealer. Left toe was -.01. right toe was -.03 corrected. .11 and .09 $99 for the alignment The service manager thought it was cool I swapped in a 5 spd and he discounted that down a bit so that was nice. Best visit to a...
  6. C

05 passat 5 speed swap questions

When I got my kit from Frans it included clutch and all. I just needed my own oil.
  7. C

funky tire wear

I did have the control arms replaced with the EU (cheap kit) a while back, maybe 20k? Not sure on the mileage. I loosened and then tightened the arms on the ground when I got it back because the guy I had do it is a lazy. I may have to inspect them again and see if something has worn...
  8. C

funky tire wear

Drivers side:then passenger sorry for the giant pic
  9. CBM

CBM

tire wear
  10. 6E5EF166-156E-4F49-ACB0-C59C11F993A0.jpeg

6E5EF166-156E-4F49-ACB0-C59C11F993A0.jpeg

passenger
  11. 264D1F38-8582-424D-927B-D9FCC1365340.jpeg

264D1F38-8582-424D-927B-D9FCC1365340.jpeg

driver
  12. C

funky tire wear

Kinda makes sense that would put more pressure on the inside of the tire. Is that a separate bushing? I'll check out strut replacement and see whats in there. Thanks!
  13. C

funky tire wear

My wife noticed the nylon belt showing on the inside of one of the front tires the other day. I was surprised because the rest of the tire looks great. I would have noticed sooner if I had rotated them on time but... Now here is the deal, the alignment shop is telling me there is no camber...
  14. C

What’s it worth?

I’m going to have to spend some time figuring this one out. The foam is disintegrating and just peels off a fresh layer with every repair. I’ve tried 3m high strength and the fabric spray glue.
  15. C

What’s it worth?

The pump auto shuts off at 14ish gallons from empty on a fill up. I almost always hit 700 miles before the light comes on and then I can get another 20 miles on reserve if needed. My commutes are some back roads with a long stretch of rural highway and I peg it at 58mph or so. The dash tells...
  16. C

What’s it worth?

The car isn’t for sale yet. I’m simply asking for opinions on what the car could be worth (thread title) so I can decide if it’s even worth selling. If the mods are that hard up for somebody to fuss with let em kill it. I’m grateful for the responses I received.
  17. C

What’s it worth?

Frans supplied 5spd, silver I’m guessing. BSM deleted. If 1500 is a fair price I would have to consider pulling the 5spd conversion parts, selling them, scraping the rest and maybe using the motor to swap into something else....
  18. C

What’s it worth?

2005 265k miles 5spd with about 40k on it Stage 1 tune Frank’s cam Good tires New upper/lower control arms and tie rod ends bad: Sagging headliner 2” dent in fender cracked tail light I consistently get around 700 miles per tank with this car. Mechanicals are in good shape. Starts instantly on...
  19. CBM.jpeg

CBM.jpeg

CBM’s TDI
  20. C

2003 Jetta TDI parts car or project

I have a Jetta that I was going to use as a donor for a swap that never materialized. It needs tires, front struts and a trunk latch or switch. Otherwise everything works as far as I know. I never had it on the road but I did drive it around a bit to keep the motor moving. I'll post some...