Search results

1. H

TDI Ranger gets to 999,999

thats great congrats. what was your overall mpg on that setup?
  2. H

Dodge Dakota Quad 4X4 ALH

Me too! I'll be starting my 2002 quad cab dakota Automatic ALH swap this fall. I just bought my third ALH today. First Jetta was too nice to dismantle so my son and I have been driving it to long distance bids. Then I bought just an ALH engine to rebuild. Now I found an ALH Jetta basket case...
  3. H

tdi dakota conversion

I'm wondering how you mounted the front pumpkin. The two bolt on the transmission I get. Were you able to reuse the bridge type mount that straddles the oil pan or did you fab up something different? Also you went for the Holset turbo. Is there a reason you went that way instead of using a VNT...
  4. H

WTB misc.

ALH hub and pulley for injection pump fuse panel dash cover good #3 injector PM
  5. H

Iveco 2.5l mechanical to ALH?

Ok, I got the pump today. I'm thinking that a custom spacer. Maybe even mill the spacer then weld it on to an ALH hub. Jimbote you were saying there may not be enough support? Is the bearing smaller in the shorter nose pumps? Otherwise is there any reason I couldn't take the top half of the...
  6. H

tdi dakota conversion

Thanks, I didn't see the v8 adapter on your website though. I'm going ALH to v8 automatic. For project cost savings I'm probably going to build my adapter as I have access to my father in laws milling machine.
  7. H

tdi dakota conversion

Thanks for the reply. Do you think you could tow as much with the TDI as you did with the gasser? I plan on towing about 3500lbs max
  8. H

tdi dakota conversion

Any updates on your conversion? I'm in the preliminary stages of a alh to quad cab conversion. How's the daily drivability, mpg, and towing now that you have more miles on it?
  9. H

I ordered a new #3 injector for now. I am planning on replacing the nozzles with .205 ones. Is there any need to replace 1,2,4 injectors or just the nozzles? Any recommendations on a cost effective turbo?
  10. H

this one came from london england via Ebay. So, I will likely need to take the shaft out of my stock pump? Or would a shim between the pulley and mounting plate work? I'll see when it gets here.
  11. H

Update I just bought a 2000 TDI jetta as the donor vehicle. It has a code for injector 3 lift sensor bad has low power and raw fuel smell and burns the eyes coming out the exhaust. I pick it up tomorrow. Let the work begin!
  12. H

I just bought an Iveco 2.5l mechanical pump. It hasn't been delivered yet. It's a bosch VE R 657 pump. I was wondering if anyone has used this pump on an ALH? If so what mods might I need to do to make it work best? I believe it has a 12m head. It has a gear instead of a pulley. I want to...
  13. H

tdi dakota conversion

The truck dodge should have built Hey there jetmoto. Really nice job! I've been talking about a dakota like this for years. I have a couple questions on the MTDI pump. one, how do you build it? And two, what years of VW TDI,s can easily be converted to MTDI?