Search results

1. B

Might Buy an A3 TDI 2011 with 80k Miles...

I have a 2011 A3 TDI, 160000 kms on it with the eTronic shifters but I never use them (160000 kms = 100000 miles). My HP fuel pump went in 2019, the DPF failed recently as well plus a DPF sensor but all was covered under the Dieselgate extended warranty. If anything these cars seem to have...
  2. B

A3 Which Battery -- Audi honor VW battery warranty?

I bought a new battery (2nd for the car) and floormats with the $500 "sorry money" from an Audi dealer back when Dieselgate broke pre-fix. When that battery started to go I went back to Audi and bought another one (my 3rd) and they offered me like $30 back once I brought the 2nd one back...
  3. B

Post fix emissions testing

Mine passed...pre-fix.
  4. B

Did anybody get the fix in Canada?

Hi everyone, I have posted before that I am planning on getting the fix. I have read a lot of VW fix info but found nothing on the A3. I went to my Audi dealer earlier and was told that they have fixed a few already, but it tends to take the pep and fuel economy out of the car, and that no-one...
  5. B

Who decided to keep their A3?

I plan to go for the fix in the spring. Just spent $1600 on new brakes and new winter tires.
  6. B

For all the clowns saying that there wouldn't be a fix

Not yet. I got the "Emissions Modification" official recall letter a while back. Mine is a 2011, 7 years old next summer. In Ontario (Canada) after 7 years all cars have to go for a mandatory emissions test so that's my deadline. In the recall Audi says the modification will: -increase engine...
  7. B

For all the clowns saying that there wouldn't be a fix

I still have mine. I will go for the fix and the $5000 if the fix is as good as it sounds. Only 2 mpg loss after the fix? https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/first-gen-vw-tdi-owners-are-officially-eligible-for-a-fix/
  8. B

Who decided to keep their A3?

Still ongoing north of the border. No offers yet.
  9. B

What is your replacement car/truck?

That is nice PeteZ06. Did anybody consider a new A3 e-tron? Did the sticker price keep everybody away?
  10. B

Dieselgate Canada settlement

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/volkswagen-emissions-scandal-deal-canada-1.3903045 https://www.vwemissionsinfo.ca/
  11. B

Calix frost heater discovered, need help with information

Try this thread: https://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=452858&highlight=block+heater
  12. B

airbag recall

I got my letter yesterday. Takata PSDI-5 Driver Frontal Airbag. No parts available, they say wait for another letter.
  13. B

Executive decision...

Pirelli Cinturato P7 all season Plus, 110K km/70K mile warranty. 225/45R17. $720 Canadian @ Costco after install & balancing & tax & recycle & all that. Google says that's about $545 US. I bought this car last summer and the ContiProContact (stock?) tires on it were bald.
  14. B

Executive decision...

I ordered new all-season (aka Canadian summer) tires today @ Costco, will arrive next week. Always feels good to make the switch.
  15. B

2010 A3 TDI headlight problems

Thanks, I will ask about that. In my case with the blower fan the motor had seized, it wasn't a blown fuse.
  16. B

2010 A3 TDI headlight problems

Smoothhd the exact same thing happened to me in December. The lights would work but I would get the errors that you described. I would restart the car and it would go away. Eventually my passenger-side headlight would not light up, I would get the error every time so I brought it to my mechanic...
  17. B

Audi Canada TDI Owner Credit...A Joke!!

The VW Canada owners get a $500 Visa plus $500 in dealer credit right? Audi owners should get the same, just like in the US. I live in Ottawa, when I get my letter I will post what I'm offered.
  18. B

How much did you pay for your A3 TDI?

Purchased August 2015, before you-know-what. 2011 A3 TDI Premium 60K km/37K miles $23000 Canadian/$17500 US Ottawa ON Canada
  19. B

Need info for those with heated seats???

I saw your post and tried mine on the ride home tonight. Same with the 2011.