Search results

1. scottab

DEB Drew Black Jetta on the NJ Turnpike 9-6-07

Ran with a black Jetta plate "DEB Drew" Hoping you could keep up.:eek:
  2. scottab

Boost Issues (HELP! Road trip tomorrow)

I have a 05 PD100. I have been getting a check engine light and the code is reading 0101 for MAF replacement. I have replaced the MAF twice and still get the light (stealer did the second replacement under the 12/12 warranty). The first time I replaced the MAF the light remained off for over...
  3. scottab

Re-occuring P0101 Code

I have a 2005 Golf TDI http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=175964 I have replaced my MAF Sensor twice with the latest change-out (under dealer warranty) being last week. I was driving yesterday and the code came up again.:confused: Any ideas as to what could be causing this...
  4. scottab

HELP!!! Gas in tank in 2002 Jetta TDI

Buddies' wife put gas in his TDI. :( After draining the tank, what is the quickest way to purge the rest of the fuel system...:confused:
  5. scottab

HELP!!! Gas in tank in 2002 Jetta TDI

Buddies' wife put gas in his TDI. :( After draining the tank, what is the quickest way to purge the rest of the fuel system...:confused:
  6. scottab

Acid smell in exhaust???

A friend of mine has a 2002 Jetta TDI. It quit on him the other day and he had it towed home. The figured that there might be water in the fuel so they opened everything up and cleaned it out. They got it to start again but it wont stay running. It also has a very foul odor coming from...
  7. scottab

My 2005 Indigo Golf

Deleted.. Original post returned Deleted...
  8. scottab

Thanks jeff!

Thank you again Jeff! ;) Line 003 is the old Upsulote set up. Lines 004-006 are Rocket Chip.
  9. scottab

Indigo Golf - My TDI

Stats:2005 Golf 1.9 GLS TDI Exterior:Audi TT Fender vent installed 7.5" 440CFM thermostatically/manually controlled intercooler fan (Keeps intake air nice and cool) Pure Vision H7 6000K HID Conversion Kit (Low Beams) H7 Sylvania Silverstar bulbs (High Beams) LED taillights All LED Brake...
  10. scottab

Master Cylinder Replacement on 2005 Golf TDI with ESP – Question

There is one statement in the Bentley Manual that I am not clear on. It reads as follows: Initiate basic settings and zero compensation of brake pressure sender 1 (G201) and brake pressure sender 2 (G214) as required. Is this something I need to be concerned about or will the battery...
  11. scottab

2005 PD100 Intake cleaning

Has anyone done an intake cleaning on a PD100 motor yet?:confused: I am looking for info/insight on this. I have ordered the parts from the stealer ($35.00) and am looking to do this either before or at IMPEXFEST VI.
  12. scottab

30 psi spikes with UPSOLUTE Tuning

I have been running the upsolute tuning for about 40k miles and recently put a boost gauge in my mkiv PD100 Golf. I am seeing a solid 20psi of boost with hits up to 25psi and solid spikes to 30psi of boost.:eek: I am interested in a manual boost control for this set up to limit the 30psi...
  13. scottab

05 TDI Intercooler Fan

Here is an interesting addition to a 05 TDI Golf. This mod cost me under $200.00 and definitely pulls the heat from the intercooler. This is a 7 1/2" 440CFM pull fan that is theromostaically controlled. It can also be controlled manually. During my trip to the DYNO it lowered my intercooler temp...
  14. scottab

Why not MOBIL1 5W-40W Truck and SUV Oil

In reading MOBIL 1's oil write up why would shouldn't this be good enough for the VW turbo diesel PD 100? Engineered to help extend engine life in modern turbo-charged diesel engines, even those operating in severe conditions such as towing and hauling, this formula meets the latest industry...