Search results

1. D

Belt tensioner going?

Seems i have a high pitched metallic noise from the front of the engine, and looks like the belt tensioner may be on the way out? It looks like it has some runout, but you can't see it in this video very well. Does look like it's bouncing more than I remember though...
  2. D

P026a/p0111 - turbo going out?

I've been getting p026a (and p0111 intermittently) for a while now. The car is stalling when taking off from a stop, especially with the AC on, and is way down on power. No bad noises or smoke, or other codes. I cleaned the MAP sensor and intercooler bottom/hose and found about a half cup of...
  3. D

P026a - work covered under emissions warranty?

P026A was popping up intermittently, now stays solid after 2 weeks. Seems like I'm having more regens lately as well, along with a faint ringing sound when I'm on the throttle. I can see the writing on the wall here, but my question is what will the dealership do if it's just that code? If they...
  4. D

O Christmas tree! ABS, steering, esp off etc

Car is feeling festive, as lights are on galore....ABS, ESP off, Airbag, TPMS, steering wheel light. Figured it was an ABS sensor, but VCDS doesn't show anything since 2016 regarding that. Am I looking at this log correctly?
  5. D

After power bleeding brakes: ESP off, soft pedal

Used a motive power bleeder to flush my 2012 sel brakes, and now am having soft pedal and "esp off" message on display. No air in lines while bleeding. Am assuming I need to use VCDS to run the ABS pump. Can't find any definitive information using search. I read something about hitting at...
  6. D

Timing belt squeak/cam gear runout?

2012, had water pump replaced under warranty last week, and today noticed squeaking on start up that i traced to cam gear. When I pulled the plastic cover and watched the gear, it looks like it has some wobble on the actual gear (not that tabbed plate). Is there a runout spec on this I can check...
  7. D

2012 Audi A3 TDI - $16,999

Selling my A3 that I purchased brand new. Black/black leather, 6 speed s-tronic dsg transmission. 62,8XX miles. Excellent condition and well-maintained. Kind of a cool car, more of a TDI gti, really. The car has spent its entire life in Florida. Sport package with 18" s-series wheels. Much...