Search results

1. A

ALH Engine - Oil in Break Booster Line

I've been having loss of power issues (P1556/Boost Deviation Negative codes), which I tracked down (so far) to vacuum issues. About 5 years ago (and only 30K miles if my records are correct) I replaced the all the vacuum lines including the brake booster line and N75 (because I broke a...
  2. A

753T Remote for sale

I bought the wrong remote for my dad, and since sidewindekey.com doesn't take returns, I need to sell this. This is the "new square 3 button flip key remote" for VWs up to 2001. Please read more at sidewinderkey.com to make sure this is the right one for you. This is a brand new remote...
  3. A

Diesel Fuel Leak Near Injectors

On my 2002 MK4/A4 Jetta, I've noticed a diesel smell, so I decided to look under the hood, and found the engine cover had a large spot of sprayed on diesel under it as well as around the cover mount near the #4 injector. Also, the is a lot wet areas around 2-4 injectors, and a lot of black...
  4. A

Hard to shift: clutch/DMF?

Okay so in the past few weeks shifting in my 2002 Jetta TDI has goften increasingly difficult. It's only upshifting, downshifting is fine, as is when idle or off. It's hard to get into 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. Sometimes its hard to get it out of 1st and into 2nd. It's not so bad that my arm hurts, but...
  5. A

Two Questions (I think unrelated): Cold No Start and P0402 code

Okay, I have a 2002 Jetta TDI, ~116K miles. Last timing belt change was 70K. Last month my car wouldn't start. It was around 15F. It would start to crank, but barely and hard. Took the battery to AutoZone, they said it was iffy. I did notice it was a smaller battery than should have been in...
  6. A

MIL, reverse, and brake lights?

I have a 2002 Jetta TDI, manual, ~73000 miles. Just bought it at 70000 miles. Had complete TB work, oil change, the works done. Bought it at a reputable VW service shop in Ephrata, PA (Huber Auto for those around here.) I get 43MPG consistently driving about over 75% highway (500 miles out of...
  7. A

Complete Stereo System Upgrade

So I'm getting a 2002 Jetta GLS TDI in a few days (just waiting for the insurance check to come from my last Jetta), and I want to do a complete upgrade of the sound system: Head Unit, Speakers, Amps, and a Sub. I'm getting the Head Unit from Crutchfield (probably a Pioneer DEH-P6800MP), I...
  8. A

Help deciding on my TDI

So for the past month I've been looking for another TDI. Another? Yeah, I totaled my first TDI after having it for only two months- tire blew out going 70MPH on a highway, slid across the road and then flipped it a couple of times. (Here are the results after it was towed: Pictures Anyway, I've...
  9. A

Loud bang + smoke- What the *&(&##$ just happened?

On Monday I picked up a 2002 Jetta TDI with an auto transmission and 117000 miles on it. It was running great until Thursday as I was leaving work. I was sitting at a red light, and when it turned green, I started accelerated as normal. Suddenly, I heard and felt a loud bang, along with seeing...