Search results

1. Miss_Athanatos

Saw this on a local group Jetta SEL

2. Miss_Athanatos

Open Recall

Who could say? :)
  3. Miss_Athanatos

Open Recall

I hear what you're saying. I don't really think I'm sacrificing anything, though...since as I understand the operation of the SCR system in its "cheat" configuration, it shouldn't be cycling all that much...and thereby also, the DPF will be programmed to regen less frequently. I do get the...
  4. Miss_Athanatos

Open Recall

Yes, I am probably overthinking this. I am simply very suspicious due to a number of shenanigans that have transpired over the last four years. Also, while I'm ok not getting the Phase 2 "fix", I also don't see it as a fix. I don't believe there is anything wrong with my car as it is. :)
  5. Miss_Athanatos

Open Recall

I don't think I've been clear. To my recollection, I have received no correspondence from VW in Lawrence Kansas since about mid-2015. I haven't been there since I bought the car. The VW dealership in Topeka, KS where I registered for my $1000.00 "goodwill" dollars has not called me, emailed...
  6. Miss_Athanatos

Open Recall

I got a call about an hour ago from the dealership in Lawrence, KS from which I purchased my TDI back in 2015. The service manager said she wanted to inform me about an "open recall" on my car. It was awfully strange because I have never brought my TDI to their dealership for service and...
  7. Miss_Athanatos

2013 Passat AdBlue explosion in my trunk

Agreed, but I'm not the OP. I'm just guessing there was no boom.
  8. Miss_Athanatos

2015 Gen 3 Fix Phase 2

:rolleyes:Not to worry, you got $5100-ish...which makes EVERYTHING all right.:rolleyes: That's the way some people in this forum have tried to bully others into getting the phase 2. The fact is, no one knew for sure what bad effect the phase 2 "fix" was going to have, nor when the problems...
  9. Miss_Athanatos

I'm definitely guessing he observed the latter: no boom, just a crystall-y mess.
  10. Miss_Athanatos

Glad to be of service. Good luck.
  11. Miss_Athanatos

I am guessing there was no explosion. Based on the location of the AdBlue/DEF holding tank, my guess is that your tank cracked, possibly due to the cold ambient temperature causing expansion of the DEF. Possibly, as a result of this, the DEF began wicking by means of whatever cloth was in...
  12. Miss_Athanatos

dealer blaming bad fuel for dpf failure!!..2nd. one in 8 months

I'm glad this got resolved for you. Just wanted to say that unless you're failing to use low-sulphur diesel...or you're pumping in gasoline or kerosene, I don't know what would be detrimental about your fuel to the DPF. If there's a problem with it clogging, I'd guess it's either that you're...
  13. Miss_Athanatos

This MPG is crazy

You say it as if there is no way to cheat fuelly and other online fuel economy trackers. So...maybe one-tank-wonder-60 is in reality getting 55, so what? What other i.c.e. car on the road in the USA gets above 40 mpg? I believe that VW marketed this vehicle for all-around driving economy, not...
  14. Miss_Athanatos

This MPG is crazy

Yes, that's what I calculated. The percentage of highway driving is about at 85%.
  15. Miss_Athanatos

This MPG is crazy

Some of you folks are interestingly touchy about mpg reports. It seems that now my engine is seated, I'm getting better fuel economy than ever with a 54 mpg average over the last year.
  16. Miss_Athanatos

This MPG is crazy

My personal best was on diesel from Sinclair out of my 300 gal drum: 69.6 mpg on the MFD, 66.9 mpg hand calculated. The trip was 62 miles total, with a tail wind for about half of the trip. It was about this time last year, but I was also not running any AC. My best so far this year was on...
  17. Miss_Athanatos

Resistance shifting into 1st gear

^^^ This. Never had a problem shifting into first. To the OP: Do you sit at intersections in neutral?
  18. Miss_Athanatos

Should I go for the extended warranty?

I bought a 3-year extended warranty when I got my TDI back in 2015, and was very pleased at not having to pay for virtually anything when I went in for scheduled maintenance.
  19. Miss_Athanatos

2015 Gold Sportwagen

Indeed. :) Hence why I included terms like "could be" and "explanatory guess".
  20. Miss_Athanatos

2015 Gold Sportwagen

A person would only expect to see a few mpg increase if he changed out a DPF full of ash. I'm just saying, it is a good explanatory guess at what would increase your mpg after having phase 2 of the "fix" done on your car. :)