Search results

1. addicted

2004 V10 Touareg TDI with Stage II Cam and Hybrid Turbos

Sorry, Been gone for a lot of training and some leave before I deploy. Please see it posted now for sale on Ebay. Any questions ask me their or by e-mail. Thank you, Jason http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121003449239&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:MOTORS:1123
  2. addicted

2004 V10 Touareg TDI with Stage II Cam and Hybrid Turbos

3K on the engine 176K on the truck. Asking $23,900 Located in Savannah GA. Will take partial trades on FJ40 parts or diesel parts/ tools. Trying to load pictures on Picasa and hasn't worked you can find the ad I posted on my Land cruiser forum here and it has a few photos...
  3. addicted

GTG Winnsboro SC Saturday July 14

Just wanted to say I had a great time with my dad there. Loved the tour of the biodiesel plant. Got boost tapped and finished up fishing the cable in when I got home. Thank you for the biodiesel. I think my car really liked it. Thank to Mr. Rodriguez for tuning my Touareg. I know we had a...
  4. addicted

I appreciate it. I will bring my own drill and bits. Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow. Better get to bet. Need to leave here around 0600.
  5. addicted

Does anyone have a 1/8th NPT tap for putting in my boost gauge tomorrow? Thought I had one but all of my stuff is NF/NC and the few I have from putting in old gauges are the wrong size as well. About a 3.5 hour drive so hope to be there by 930
  6. addicted

V10 TDI upgrades

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISpRkT7-dHQ&list=UUzn_7H5TjhFAbr5cvWp9MfQ&index=1&feature=plcp Sorry for the crappy video. I was taking it while driving in the neighborhood on my way to work. I plan to log it on the computer tomorrow if possible. This is a video I took this morning of the...
  7. addicted

V10 TDI upgrades

Don't know. I will never go to a manual..way to much work. I"m sure I could have one of the performance diesel transmission builders machine it for an extra set of clutches and come up with a stronger tq converter if necessary. I don't plan on ragging on it that hard and while 1000 ft pounds...
  8. addicted

V10 TDI upgrades

I have not had it tuned yet. I wanted to clear up as many of the engine codes before I did. I sent him the logs the other day prior to clearing the codes and will send him the others tonight but I have not heard back from him. I presume I should probably correct any issues I can before he sends...
  9. addicted

V10 TDI upgrades

Sorry I have not updated. Been very busy at work and with other things. I haven't noticed any leaks so that is good. I added a bit of stop leak to the PS. But then again the plastic skid plates are back on so maybe it is pooling in there and hasn't dropped yet. But so far so good. I have...
  10. addicted

I plan on making it. Is there a place to pull the popup? 3 hour drive but might have to make a long day out of it as we will just be getting off a 2 week 1800 mile trip. Just got my v10 back Friday after 10 months in the shop and owning it only 10 months. Have plenty of things to work on but...
  11. addicted

V10 TDI upgrades

Well she is mostly done and driving. Having some issues that I think are tuning related. Not sure if these ECU's "Learn" but some new tuning is coming soon anyway. Apparently the car is acting very lazy below 1800 RPMs. I'm guessing the Stage II Cams and the 56mm Turbo are not playing well with...
  12. addicted

V10 TDI upgrades

Imagine this....it is not done :mad:. Some excuses about waiting on some tools to time the camshafts which in his defense is entirely true. When they were sent off Frank forgot to mark the timing so we are waiting on those tools (something the mechanic knew and then never ordered in time). Then...
  13. addicted

V10 TDI upgrades

Ok Hijackers...quite your bickering :D I'm supposed to go pick up my truck tomorrow. Got some disappointing news that while I was gone my mechanic refused to use my modified camshaft bearings from Frank. Of course without my authorization or calling me. Simply refused to do it. Germans are...
  14. addicted

V10 TDI upgrades

Who is TD?
  15. addicted

V10 TDI upgrades

750 each for the hybrids. I needed some other work done for them as well though so glad I sent them in. I was hoping to have an update but no dice. Car is still not done as the shop is busy working on other cars I guess. I should have some feedback for you by next weekend. I sure hope..I can...
  16. addicted

2004 V10 Toureg Gone But Not Forgotten

I would say the engine is far from bullet proof. Suffers the same ill fate of camshaft failure like the PD 1.9L engines on here. The hardparts seem to hold up well but the sensors (many of which require engine dropping) do not last forever. But I agree. There are many things that can be done by...
  17. addicted

Close to max towing performance?

Your biggest issues may be fuel. If you use your Passat a lot you are going to miss that 45+ MPG when diesel hits $5 a gallon again this summer. Yes 20-25 mixed is not bad but it is going to be double the fuel costs. Just something to keep in mind. Also it doesn't matter what part it is on the...
  18. addicted

Close to max towing performance?

Keep the two vehicles you have. Even with maintenance on each of them it is cheaper than a touareg plus maint. Uneless your new dually has a hefty payment than consider a V10.
  19. addicted

Proud new owner of an 07' V10, now for some go-fast parts???

You can follow my thread on here and Club Touareg. Really a Chip will get you a little and people love it but that is it that you can do on the cheap. Problem is people won't tune them too aggressively as the turbo's are severely undersized for that engine. I am doing a stage II cam and larger...
  20. addicted

V10 TDI upgrades

Are guys just using regular boost gauges? I would rather not know if it is backed up as there is nothing I can really do about it, but I guess it would be good to know for others in the future.