Search results

1. D

How long after buyback closing is a bank loan paid off?

Turned in 12/20. VW credit loan paid off 1/9. 12 business days. $12 in interest accrued during that time(I requested a payoff quote on that day and compared to the amount actually paid off) When I get a minute I am going to send an email to counsel. The more of us that do that, the better...
  2. D

I should have specified in my post. I spoke to the claims hotline this morning. Not VW Credit. The email I got from VW Credit had very little information in it. Over 10 days to reply and it seemed like a copy and paste job. I didn't call them yet. I'll give it until the end of this week, then I...
  3. D

So I just called them. They said that a check was cut to my lender sometime after the 21st (I turned the car in on the 20th). They said allow up to 2 weeks for my lender to process it. I was told that I do not need to make payments any more. Now I had sent an email to VW Credit regarding my last...
  4. D

Yea. I have to say the whole wire thing was fast for me. Had the money within 36 hours of turning in my car. I can't believe they are delaying paying the loan. I mean I can believe it. Just that since the other part was done so quickly I am surprised that the loan part is taking so long...
  5. D

I guess for those with loans with outside banks, VW doesn't gain much by delaying payments on the loan. But for those with VW credit loans it's messed up that they are delaying. For me it's about $2 a day in interest. 5+ business days is really 7+ days in interest. So for me they are squeezing...
  6. D

Timeline after offer is notarized?

Resubmitted 12/6, Just received notice to schedule this afternoon 12/7. Scheduled for 12/20 @5:30 Long Island NY
  7. D

Gives me hope. I resubmitted yesterday and also live in NY. Good luck!
  8. D

Uploaded 11/26 Rejected yesterday 12/5 claiming they couldn't read the stamp. Had it renotorized this morning. Crystal clear just uploaded. We'll see how long this one takes. Hopefully not another 10 days. All I picture are the sloths from zootopia (for those that get the reference) Anyone...
  9. D

Offer with loan

Just got an offer this morning. Submitted 9/21 Doc rejected 10/21, resubmitted same day Docs accepted 10/27 Offer letter received 11/25 2015 with loan through VW credit
  10. D

Poll: Have your buyback documents been accepted

9/21 Docs submitted 10/21 one doc accepted, one rejected, resubmitted immediately 10/27 other doc accepted. Application complete, waiting on determination 2015 model, VW Credit financed.
  11. D

If you are considering buyback which cars are you looking at as replacements?

My commute is only 8 miles each way. I just picked up a new Evo gsr this past weekend. Love it. The golf is parked until they have me turn it in. Hopefully sooner rather than later
  12. D

VW dealers will have so much business when...

Yea, but 300k+ have registered already. I guess it will depend on where you live and how many there are in your area, plus how many are going to ride it out for 2 years before turning it in.
  13. D

Judge Did Not Approve Settlement During Today's Hearing

I wouldn't say that, more just frustration. I'm an accountant, and pride myself in the fact that I get stuff done quickly and accurately. I have deadlines and adhere to them. Just sucks to be at the hands of lawyers and courts that have nothing but time.
  14. D

Judge Did Not Approve Settlement During Today's Hearing

Same. I mean they called it final approval hearing. I am not an attorney, but to me, I was expecting a final approval. Why they waited until that hearing to hear the complaints, instead of having something a few weeks prior, is beyond me. They just keep dragging this out.
  15. D

Dieselgate - Post Oct 18 Court Hearing

So I was doing a little more digging, and found the judge's schedule. Looks like he planned to be unavailable from 10/19 - 10/21. And looks pretty busy starting next week. I wonder if he was planning to review everything through tomorrow and release his decision before the weekend or first thing...
  16. D

Buying new to replace TDI? Registration tip...

I don't know about what others have experienced, but when I sign that title over and hand over the keys and get the check and confirmation that my loan is satisfied, which I am assuming is all happening at the turn in, I am scraping that registration out of the window, cancelling my insurance...
  17. D

Upload Site Live - Just uploaded Docs

Wouldn't put too much faith into what thy say. I was chatting with one of them last week. I asked when we can upload docs. They told me starting October 18th. 2 days later the upload site started.
  18. D

What if the "FIX" results in poor milage/performance?

To start, I am not sure. I am selling back. But my buddies plan is to get the fix, take the $6k ish that he is getting and worse case sell or trade in the car. He is figuring that it will be in total pretty close to what the buyback would be. I guess getting the fix and taking the money they...
  19. D

Those of you seriously switching to a BMW 328D in here (no spam or flames please)

I was looking into this for a while. But I too have been driving stick since I was 16 (2000). I only have a 10 mi each way commute. Personally I am done with diesel for now. One thing I noticed about my car was that since my commute is so short I often find myself about to shut down when a...