Search results

1. S

Rod bearings and Rings @ 120K ?

I'll have the pan off my 2000 jetta, should I replace the rod bearings and the rings while we're there?[ See thread about broken block/timing skip/valve damage ] With 120K I'm thinking maybe. Or should I just inspect and go with it? Any and all opinions are appreciated. Blessings Steve
  2. S

Broken block @ top/rear engine mount

My mechanics helper left the front bolt[ on the right side motor mount] loose [ or it backed out or didn't tork it down or whatever ] The mount twisted and snapped half of the ear off the block where the top rear bolt goes, causing the mount to hit the timing gear and you can guess what...
  3. S

2000 jetta tdi automatic to a manual ?

How involved is it to convert an automatic to a manual trans? Engines are the same for the manual except for the injector pump, right? Is it OK to use an automatic engine W/a manual trans? Thanks Steve Yoerger
  4. S

broken motor mount/ timing skip/ valve damage

I have a 2000 jetta tdi. 120K miles. I had the timing belt replaced about a month ago. The motor mount has torn away from the block[ the ear @ the rear bolt ].Question #1] Can this be effectively repaired? Question #2] Could this of even happened without one of the other bolts either breaking or...
  5. S

broken motor mount/ timing skip/ valve damage

I have a 2000 jetta tdi. 120K miles. I had the timing belt replaced about a month ago. The motor mount has torn away from the block[ the ear @ the rear bolt ].Question #1] Can this be effectively repaired? Question #2] Could this of even happened without one of the other bolts either breaking or...