Search results

1. 63Ragtop

FS Mpls, MN: Set 16" Michelin Winter Tires on Steel Wheels

For Sale: I have a set of four Michelin Arctic Alpin 205/55R16 winter tires mounted on Beetle steel wheels. These have a total of 9000 miles on them. I got them from Tirerack mounted on new takeoff steel wheels in October of 2001. Tread depth measures 8/32" - 9/32". Factory spec when new is...
  2. 63Ragtop

FS: Black Passat rear carpet mats - new

For sale I have a pair of new Passat rear carpet mats - original VW, black. These have 2 round post mounts. Not sure what years these fit - I don't own a Passat - but I think they fit the models previous to the current one. B4, B5? Hopefully you can tell from the picture. Included are 4 screw-in...
  3. 63Ragtop

FS: New Cat 2-micron Filter Kit

SOLD: New Cat 2-micron Filter Kit SOLD and shipped. Thank you.
  4. 63Ragtop

How does the tensioner work?

I am holding in my hand a new 'N' timing belt tensioner. If I hold the back side with the tab solid in one hand, and rotate the inner hub with the pin holes, the inner hub rotates freely 360 deg. without 'catching' the other hub with the spring attached. In other words, the tensioner cannot be...
  5. 63Ragtop

Intake Cleaning Article

Here is a Motor Magazine article on TDI Intake Cleaning. Wonder if anyone has had experience with either of the two shops mentioned?
  6. 63Ragtop

Westside VW, Minneapolis - Grand Opening Event

Westside Volkswagen is having a Grand Opening Driver Expo at their new facility in St. Louis Park on Friday and Saturday Nov 26-27. Car displays, freebees, drawing for Autobahn Adventure trip. Westside Driver Expo
  7. 63Ragtop

Tax-Free Diesel in Minnesota

I thought they only checked OTR trucks, but apparently cars and pickups also. Fox 9 News story Tax-Free Fuel Drivers The honest way to save money on fuel is to keep your car in tune and ease up on the gas pedal. The dishonest way is to get a price discount at everyone else's expense. With...
  8. 63Ragtop

KwikTrip, Eagan Minnesota - Fuel Update

I started going to the KwikTrip station in Eagan, MN after the demise of the St. Paul 50-cetane fuel source last year. At the time, KwikTrip sold Gold 45 in the summer and Arctic in winter, but last December the signage changed from Arctic to Winterized Gold. This year there is no signage at...
  9. 63Ragtop

FS: Old Navy CCV Filter - SOLD

For Sale: Old Navy A4 CCV filter from Stanco Machine. New, never used. Several filter media included. The cover on this filter has been polished to remove the machining marks. It shines. Price is $95 shipped to the USA. Payment via Paypal. Send a PM for info.
  10. 63Ragtop

FS: A4 TDI Timing Tools - SOLD

For Sale: A4 TDI Timing Belt Tools. All are NEW. 1. BA3418 Cam Locking Plate - Impex version. 2. MN3359 Pump Locking Pin - Metalnerd tool. 3. Tensioner Wrench - SP Tools 86400 - as sold by Metalnerd prior to designing his deluxe wrench. All 3 new tools only $35 shipped in the USA. Payment...
  11. 63Ragtop

FS: Sunglasses Holder, Grey - SOLD

Sunglasses holder for roof. Grey. VW p/n 3B0857465BY20. New, never used. $12 shipped in the USA. Payment by Paypal. Send PM for info. Note - The fingertip pull on this holder is not chrome, it is solid grey plastic. Fits '01 and up?
  12. 63Ragtop

Bad News for Mpls-St.Paul TDIers

Tracy 1 Stop, THE source for Premium Gold 50 cetane diesel in the Twin Cities, has been sold to Holiday Stationstores. In 2 weeks, Tracy will close and be converted to a Holiday. I spoke with owner John Tracy and he expects the Holiday to have one diesel grade which I believe is OTR Premium...
  13. 63Ragtop

'98 - '01 Beetles Recalled - Brake Light Switch

\'98 - \'01 Beetles Recalled - Brake Light Switch From the VW Vortex News dated 8/1/03: "Volkswagen of America, Inc. today announced a voluntary recall for 1998-2001 model-year New Beetles in the U.S. to correct a potential problem with a brake light switch. An estimated total of 269,151...
  14. 63Ragtop

NB Trunk Latch Malfunction

When closing my '01 NB's trunk lid yesterday, it just bounced back, wouldn't latch. I fiddled with the manual key release and the remote, but it still wouldn't latch. Took off the trim panel. The release motor solenoid was stuck in the extended position, pulling the latch release rod, holding...
  15. 63Ragtop

Understanding European DIN Wiring

Here is an introduction to Understanding European DIN Wiring from the latest MOTOR magazine.
  16. 63Ragtop

It's Summer '03 at Tracy 1 Stop, St. Paul MN

It\'s Summer \'03 at Tracy 1 Stop, St. Paul MN From the Summer 2003 flyer at Tracy 1 Stop, Hamline & Marshall, St. Paul, MN: SUMMER 2003 DIESEL FUEL OFFERINGS Again this summer, due to popular demand, we will offer two grades of Diesel Fuel. Our pump labels are #2 Diesel Fuel (the green...
  17. 63Ragtop

Sale on A4 Euroswitch

Thiago is having a sale on Euro A4 light switches - $35 shipped until March 7.
  18. 63Ragtop

Sale on A4 Euroswitch

Thiago is having a sale on Euro A4 light switches - $35 shipped until March 7.
  19. 63Ragtop

Arctic Diesel at Tracy 1 Stop - St. Paul, MN

This morning I stopped at the Tracy 1 Stop (Hamline & Marshall, St.Paul) to get one last tank of Gold Plus. Yikes, they had already switched to Arctic Diesel. This must be the earliest they have done so, but I think we are going to need it this year.
  20. 63Ragtop

Good news - VW must share proprietary codes

Automakers to give diagnostic codes to repair shops WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Dale Feste, owner of an independent automobile repair shop in Hopkins, said that two or three times each month he couldn't fix a vehicle because manufacturers wouldn't give him access to the tools or computer codes needed...