Search results

1. T

SOLD B5.5 Passat TDI Wagon, 2005 - Project Car - Washington, DC -$500 going to salvage June 23

SOLD Sale Pending - I’ll update Saturday evening with status Price change: $500 or best offer. Going to the junkyard June 23. Price change: $700 or best offer. Going to the junkyard June 23. Price change: $800 or best offer. Going to the junkyard June 23. Price change: $900 or best offer. Going...
  2. T

WTB 2005 Passat b5.5 belly pan and rear cover

Looking to replace my belly pan with oem or aftermarket skid plate. Located in Maryland
  3. T

Belly pan

I’m looking for a belly pan or skid plate. My old pan is beyond tattered. I’ve glued and riveted reinforcements multiple times. I hope to get another 40k to 60k miles out of the car so would be willing to buy a new one if I can’t source an old one. Junk yards seem to be pretty useless on this...
  4. T

Brake Fault Dash Warning

I'm perplexed by a brake fault warning light. It started coming on after I replaced the brake fluid reservoir. VCDS shows no faults. I completely flushed the brake lines in this order: rear passenger, rear driver, front passenger, front driver. It appears almost every time I operate the car but...
  5. T

Should I fix my 2005 Passat Wagon with 220k miles?

Hi, I have a few issues that need to be addressed on my 2005 Passat Wagon It's well used at 220k miles. I've done the BSM delete with all recommended add-ons e.g. timing belt water pump etc., recently replaced struts, shocks and springs, recently replaced cv joints with high quality parts, new...
  6. T

Mixed up inner cv joint bearings

Hi all, I accidentally lost track of the bearing/race pairing on my b5.5 inner cv joint while rebooting. I have not removed the bearings from the spindle yet. Any reason to be concerned? Joint likely has 90k miles on it. Thanks, Rick
  7. T

B 5.5 near beam bushing replacement

Can someone direct me to the rear beam bushing replacement page? I'm having a hard time finding it.Thanks!
  8. T

Parked car overnight. Won’t start today

Hi, Thanks for your help in advance. I’ve read lots of threads and have hope but haven’t solved the problem yet. Any help is appreciated Quick rundown: 1. Passat 2005 Wagon 2. Car ran great 3. Parked overnight and now won’t start 4. Cranks strong 5. Checked fuel filter and diesel flows out...
  9. T

Running diesel purge - Fun measuring blocks?

Hi there, My hex-can cable highlighted imbalanced and far-from-0 injector values which indicate a round of diesel purge for my 157k high mileage 05 Passat. I thought it would be fun to log the hoped-for change in values while running the purge through the engine. Aside from block 13, are there...
  10. T

BSM Delete w/o Timing Belt Replacement

Hi there, first post and thank you everyone for generously offering your time. Just purchased a 2005 Passat wagon with 156K miles on it and have opted for the BSM delete.The previous owner replaced the timing belt/water pump/etc. 30k miles ago. Is it being penny wise and pound foolish to not...