Search results

1. bombero

Center Brake Light Very Dim

Same problem here. The indicator not showing a problem on the dash, but center brake light is out.:(
  2. bombero

2006 Jetta TDI Hood Insulation Fix

Or take it off all together, which is what i did long ago.
  3. bombero

Thinking of trading in...

So do you notice the difference in your Passat and Jetta? Granted, the Passat is a slightly bigger, but still...
  4. bombero

I think the biggest thing I would miss would be the ride and handling of the IRS. There were some other common early fail issues like the EGR valve and camshaft wear. Had the first one. Headliner also. No problems there I assume?
  5. bombero

Hi everyone. My wife is wanting to trade in our MkV for a new MkVI. Just wondering if there are any common issues that still exist. Like the prematurely failing DMF? I would assume that is not a problem anymore. What about all the flak about the HPFP? Has that been overblown or pretty much taken...
  6. bombero

Passat Active Regens - How Often [Fans run after shutdown]

This may be a dumb question but...I thought the Passat used the fluid so that it would not need to do regens like the Jetta?
  7. bombero

Green painted fuel cap

There is an easier solution, don't let others use your ride. Or if they do, don't give it to them near empty.
  8. bombero

Frequent regens

Why does the Passat use the fluid for this when it is the same engine? Not sure which system I would rather have though...
  9. bombero

Great CB Mount Location

People still use those things?
  10. bombero

Interior Light Help

That's great, until the switch or wiring in your door goes bad (like mine) and the dome lights don't come on anymore when you open the door. (They still work with the manual switch though)
  11. bombero

3 Year Old DSG Fluid

Tells me that people aren't changing their DSG fluid every 40K miles.
  12. bombero

Seat Bottom leatherette small cracks

I have a 2006 with the leatherette seats, has always been here in this unforgiving Texas heat. My wife usually doesn't even crack the windows when she is at work and it is in the sun all day. 115k miles on it and the seats all still look great. I would go for it again on the next car.
  13. bombero

VW got tired of people putting gas in their TDI?

If you put gas in you tdi, VW is not going to fix it, warranty or no warranty.
  14. bombero

2006 jetta headliner issues

I think they have just got so many requests that it has got kind of out of control and has ended up costing them way more than they first envisioned. The ones I don't see why they approved are those for second owners of the cars, as they did not buy the car new and therefore VW didn't see any...
  15. bombero

2006 jetta headliner issues

I feel for you, but as the second owner of a car with that many miles (133K), you should just be glad that they are willing to help at all. VW would go belly up if they provided lifetime bumper to bumper for any future owners.
  16. bombero

Plastic Cover/Foam

Why can't you just put it back sans foam? I only ask because I have been running mine like that for a while now. I don't see how plastic could harm metal lines, but if that's possible, I would want to know.
  17. bombero

Jetta exhaust - need help!!

Dude, why do you feel the need to create another thread so quickly about the same subject matter? Not cool and unnecessary.
  18. bombero

DIY: Changing from the cloth battery "box" to the hard plastic one

Actually, too much heat is what will shorten the lifespan of the battery.
  19. bombero

DMF changed

Okay, I'll ask it (maybe no one else noticed what you took out)...how many miles were on the DMF that you replaced? This is the first I've heard of these new "updated" BE models going bad. What brand was the bad flywheel you replaced?
  20. bombero

Air filter, is this normal after 300 miles

Why would they give him a refund? It has been used and therefore can't be resold. There was nothing wrong with it, it's just not the best filter for these cars.