Search results

1. S

FS: 2002 ALH Beetle 5 Speed 236k mi, Boston, $FREE.99

It spent the first 10 years of its life as a MN car, feel free to bring it home :cool:
  2. S

FS: 2002 ALH Beetle 5 Speed 236k mi, Boston, $FREE.99

This little yellow bug has been in the family in some form now for 20 years, but it's sadly time to say goodbye. I just don't have time to keep up with maintenance these days, as evidenced by the car's current state. Overall, this could be a workable driver with a round of TLC. Recent...
  3. PXL_20230515_210541179.jpg

PXL_20230515_210541179.jpg

4. 2002 beetle

2002 beetle

5. S

Sudden stuttering and loss of power

Was indeed the MAF, thanks guys. MAF actual was showing over 600mg/st at idle, so the ECU thought it had way more air coming in than it did. I happened to have a spare on hand from previously troubleshooting low power issues.
  6. S

Intake pipes all looked ok, but you may be on to something with airflow. Or at least what the ECU thinks the airflow is. I grabbed screenshots of other measuring blocks and see that MAF actual was reading much higher than it should be at idle. Could be as simple as a failed MAF.
  7. S

Went back with VCDS this morning, and timing and IQ are both in spec and stable. Still no codes at all. There was a slight wobble in the idle at first but smoothed out as it warmed up. No power and horrible bucking when giving any throttle in gear.
  8. Screenshot (10).png

Screenshot (10).png

9. Screenshot (12).png

Screenshot (12).png

10. Screenshot (11).png

Screenshot (11).png

11. S

2002 ALH Beetle with about 235k miles on the clock, which sees infrequent use these days as I recently picked up a GSW. I drove a couple miles to a friend's house, no problems, then left a few hours later. As soon as I gave a little throttle to pull out of the driveway, the car had a very...
  12. S

Strange whine MKIV TDI

I recently had the same thing. An annoying whine developed over time. I pulled the belt off and the noise went away. Tensioner felt crunchy so I replaced that and the idler, but the alternator pulley checked out ok. Noises continued and eventually got really loud, until the battery light came on...
  13. S

FS: A4/A5 INA alternator pulley and Metalman removal tools $50 (BRAND NEW)

SOLD Thought my pulley was going but it turned out to be the alternator itself. Purchased brand new from IDparts, but the tools are non-returnable, so selling here at a discount. This is the proper clutched OE pulley. Part #s: 022903119C MN3400 Bought for $60 +shipping, will sell for $50...
  14. S

Immobilizer issues?

Yeah, it wasn't a fast crank/no compression situation, maybe stuck halfway closed? Awfully hard to troubleshoot when it only happens once a month.
  15. S

Immobilizer issues?

One idea: I am going to check to make sure the ASV is moving freely. Assuming I didn't imagine the extra smokey start, that would be consistent with air starvation. I did swap in a forum member's old leaky EGR valve last fall, because the diaphragm in mine had failed completely.
  16. S

Immobilizer issues?

I ignored this for a month with no recurrence, but today I had to crank 4-5 times before it would stay running. No immobilizer light. Seemed extra smokey while trying to start as well, not sure what that means. I will take a look at the ignition wiring when I get a chance. Is it consistent with...