Search results

1. S

FS: Base Carrier Bars 2017 4-door Golf

You're probably right. These bars are designed to fit onto the roof and have a hinge that sits inside the door. They won't connect to the rails already on a vehicle.
  2. S

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this. I have no idea if they would fit a wagon.
  3. S

Sold my Golf back to VW during the recall. I never used the Base carrier bars so they are basically brand new. https://parts.vw.com/p/Volkswagen_2017_Golf-S-AT/Base-Carrier-Bars--4-door/53175628/5G4071126.html Selling for $200 plus Shipping.
  4. S

Sad and Different Tone on the Diesel Gate forum

I'm waiting for my buyback to lease a Wrangler Unlimited. Test drove one and loved it. Sadly my buyback will most likely be after winter. Wanted to take the Jeep out ice fishing.
  5. S

Who's keeping, who's selling?

In my area you had to order a manual as they didn't carry any in SE or SEL. Dealer was probably not making that clear when you were looking. Unfortunately I couldn't wait the 3 months they said it would take so I got an automatic.
  6. S

Mk7 Common issues and resolutions

Checked under my hood last night. Have the same crap happening. I really wish VW would hurry up so I can get rid of this POS car.
  7. S

As of last night my car now has two more warnings. AdBlue engineer will shutdown in 550 miles and Diesel Particulate Filter needs replacing. Been stuck on step 17 for 3 weeks. Just need this thing gone!
  8. S

Way more issues than I expected to have with a 2 year old car. To add to my list of things in my previous comments my driver side window doesn't go down or up automatically sometimes. Have to reset it. My cruise control will go out randomly on my commute to and from work. No bad weather or...
  9. S

Buy back and 40k service question

I skipped my 40k service and just did oil change and added ad-blu. Talked with a guy at the VW dealership and he said if I planned on doing the buyback it didn't make sense to get the 40k service.
  10. S

And my check engine light is on. Can't wait to get rid of this vehicle...
  11. S

Approved!

Awesome news. Now I just have to change my input on the site from fix to buybuck as I'm not dealing with this car anymore. I'm sure it's been asked numerous times, but does anyone know how to do this?
  12. S

Repairs...advice needed

I just did my 40k oil change. It needs the 40k DSG service and a few other repairs, but I'm going to hold off till the buyback. Not spending any more money on my car.
  13. S

It's official. Accepted a new job. Will only be driving 2 miles to work instead of 40. Doing the buyback and getting an SUV to deal with the Wisconsin winter better. I'll miss the TDI, but just don't want the hassle anymore.
  14. S

When I switch from recirculated air and fresh air the mechanism that changes that makes a loud knocking sound for 10-15 seconds. It just isn't working right now. I also have a small leak in the Ad Blue or something, but it hasn't caused any issues that I can tell. Plus the 40k DSG service...
  15. S

Took the golf in for an oil change today. Found out I need over 1k in repairs in the near future. I was going to keep it, but not anymore. I've had way to many issues with this vehicle to keep it now.
  16. S

Response from VW today

I was just at the dealer yesterday getting an oil change. The guy didn't sound very optimistic about people sticking with VW, but he did hint at possible discounts to try and keep people with VW.
  17. S

If you are considering buyback which cars are you looking at as replacements?

I might be starting a new job soon, which would change my daily commute from 80 miles to 8 miles. Thinking about switching to a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Not too concerned with MPG if I'm only driving maybe 8 miles a day. Hell, I even plan on biking to work when it's nice out.
  18. S

NOT doing the BUY BACK on my TDI

I wasn't going to do the buyback, but after oil change I'm being told that I need around 1.5k in parts/labor for various issues. I'm not putting anymore money into a 2015 car that's had way more issues than it should. Done with VW. It also helps that my daily commute may change from 80 miles to...
  19. S

Have you already replaced your TDI?

Just took my car in for an oil change and to see how much the 40k service would cost. Also had a weird noise when switching from recirculated air and fresh air. Turns out I have a tiny leak in my add blue system too. Dealer would charge me over 1.5k to fix all this with the 40k service. Screw...
  20. S

Have you already replaced your TDI?

I'm going to try and hold out for a few months I think. I was going to take the fix, but I may be getting a job much closer to home. Commute would change from 40 miles to 4. My car in the Wisconsin winter won't even warm up before I get to work. Thinking of getting a Jeep as MPG isn't going to...