Search results

1. larrydk

brake bleed order - clutch first or last?

I forgot if I bleed the clutch first or last? FL-FR-RL-RR-clutch OR clutch-FL-FR-RL-RR
  2. larrydk

DPF filter covered by recall?

I have a 2015 GSW MT with 110k on it. Starting to logistically pan for the teming belt which I'll likely do 10k before factory recommended. Does anyone know if the DPF is covered as part of the recall? If upon getting checked at the 120k mark I'm told to replace, is that under the warranty?
  3. larrydk

brakes

Anyone need a sensor, free, I'll even pop for the postage!
  4. larrydk

brakes

I kind of feel like that's not a bad thing fro someone like me who does his own maitenance?
  5. larrydk

brakes

Brakes done. 110k miles on stock brakes om my 2015 MT GSW. Got everything from ID parts - Fremax rotors, Akebono pads I would say I coul'dve gone another 3-5k on the originl pads, but it was time. The rotors on the other hand had a ton of material left and I probaly coul've just had them...
  6. larrydk

brakes

I do have 2 jack stands thats a good idea.
  7. larrydk

brakes

Gettting ready to do front and rears on my 2015 GSW MT. Stock brakes with 110k miles! Do I need to worry about overflowing my brake resevior when doing the service, on some vehicles I have had to remove some brake fluid. Also, I'm trying to figure out if I can do my brake fluid flush at the...
  8. larrydk

Brake recommendations

Group, I'm at 103000 on my GSW MT with origianl brakes. They appear to be pretty good, but I think I will be doing front an rear pads and rotors in the next couple of months. Any on have any good, or bad, brake parts stories? I've bought all of my parts so far through ID Parts or the...
  9. larrydk

Diesel particulate filter

Dpf FYI - DPF is indeed covered by the extended warranty, just in case.
  10. larrydk

Looking for competent TDI mechanic in Chicago area

Any recommendations for a competent TDI mechanic that can do the timing belt on my TDI?
  11. larrydk

Diesel particulate filter

Since I'm nearing 100k I'm starting to pay attention to some of the upcoming maintenace needs. I assume the DPF was chaged during the recall fix and therefore the 120,000 mile check interval is now different? Also, is ir safe to assume the DPF falls under the extended warranty as part of the...
  12. larrydk

Manual trans fluid change?

Thanks for the input. I'm likely to change it when I hit 100k when I change other fluids and filters
  13. larrydk

You're correct, the bike has separate oil baths. Does anyone know the trans capacity for the manual, dealership was no help (surprise!)
  14. larrydk

I'm at 95k on my 2015 GSW MT and wondering if I need to start thinking about the gearbox fluid? Anyone deal with this yet on thier mk7's? I have a BMW motorcycle which the trans fluid is to be changed every 8,000 miles, so I'm confused at the differences in need.
  15. larrydk

FRONT END BUMPER COVER (Bra)

I've used the formfit hood protector from new on my 2015 GSW. Actually replaced the original this past summer
  16. larrydk

Brake Service ?

I'm in the same boat. 95k and stock rotors and pads. Obviously the MT has something to do with brake life enhancement.
  17. larrydk

snow tire size on 2015 GSW TDI s

Can anyone help me determine what size steel rims will fit my 2015 GSW for a set of winter tires? I want to by used, but am unfamilar with size and bolt offsets.
  18. larrydk

brake life

I have a 2015 GSW 6M with just about 80k on the odometer (miles)....I check the brakes every 6k when rotating the tires and they just don't seem to be wearing down (it's a good thing)....wondering what kind of brake life those with manual trans are getting?
  19. larrydk

Timing belt uh oh...

I do have a garage at my disposal....I looked at the work that had to be done, definitely within my skill set, but may not be worth the frustration? When I get close to the 110k mark I'll start thinking about it some more.
  20. larrydk

Fellow wrenchers here?

I'm very lucky to have a full lift at work with a full supplement of tools. I've done all the interval maintenance to this point and many brake jobs. If I can do the work, I'll do it myself, I've always found that I like the feeling of knowing that I personally checked the torques and levels...