Search results

1. P

NYS Inpection rules change recently???

Has anything changed in the last year with regard to laws governing NYS inspections for diesel cars? I have been getting my 2006 Jetta TDI inspected by regular old service station inspection centers certified by NYS. This year I looked to do the same only to be shot down. The mechanic went to...
  2. P

2006 MAF low signal code no 12v pin 2 to pin 3

So I have been driving around with my check engine light on because I have been ignoring the scan results. When I scanned the car it said MAF low signal. I had tried cleaning the MAF sensor with MAF sensor cleaner. Cleared the CEL and 5 minutes later it returned. Installed a brand new MAF unit...
  3. P

Should the MKV MAF sensors have a thermistor?

I am trying to troubleshoot a MAF Sensor signal too low CEL code. As part of the work I did to try and resolve this I took the MAF Sensor out for cleaning. I follwed many of the guidlines and tips posted in the forums here. My question is a basic one. I notice on my 2006 TDI that the stock...
  4. P

Battery keeps dieing in cold weather

I have been a very satisfied 2006 Jetta 5spd TDI owner for the last few years. I have done all the maint on my TDI religiously following a lot of the info on these forums. I am very thankful for all of your combined knowledge. The car has 50,000 miles on it and no modifications aside from a...
  5. P

Google Tech Talk on plug in diesel hybrids.

Here is a link to an interesting Google Tech Talk about plug in diesel hybrids. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=363807137347714545&q=genre%3Aeducational Google Tech Talks September 20, 2006 Reed M. Benet Biofuels Focused Ph.D. Student University of California Davis Institute of...
  6. P

Long Island Area Sightings

On Sunday August 27th I spotted a new silver/grey Jetta TDI in Huntington with Texas plates. I pulled into the Eckerd pharmacy lot and the there you were parked the first car in the lot. My first non planned TDI sighting on Long Island. :) Jessica_Rabbit being the first but that was a planned...
  7. P

Do you have a black blob on your fuel filter bleed screw?

I just perfomed my 20k service. Does anyone else have a blob of black stuff on the head of their bleed screw? Yes it was not some crud or diesel buildup. This blob was intentionally placed there. I am also not the only one noticing this. I think this is some sort of tamper guard possibly done...
  8. P

Oil sit in the extractor a few days before send off for analysis?

Hey all I am at 19,950 miles on my 06 Jetta. I have the time to do the oil change and other 20k maint this weekend. I would like to do an oil analysis but realized that rather late. I placed the order for my kit and suspect that it will arrive sometime next week. My question is can I use the oil...
  9. P

2006 Jetta Hidden Hitch Install

2006 Jetta Hidden Hitch Install (Pics) I purchased a Hidden Hitch kit for my 06 Jetta and took the liberty to document the install process to share with everyone. I hope this helps anyone interested in this hitch. I have huge quality pics that will show dust particle levels of detail. If you...
  10. P

Picture sizes? Num of pics? What is pushing the limit?

I am fortunate enough to have an 8 mega pixel digital slr, a large high resolution monitor as well as a 30 megabit internet connection. I realize that everyone else might not have similar tech. How large a picture included in a post do you think is pushing the limit? How many pictures total per...
  11. P

My NY Blue 2006 Jetta TDI 5spd (Big Pics)

I finally got my used 2006 Jetta TDI registered, inspected and insured in NY! Purchased from dealer in Maryland with just over 12,000 miles on it. Drove home with 60 day temp plates. Smooth process to transfer it all over to NY. Ask me specific questions if you want details on that process. Any...