Search results

1. jamesdean

And now, for something completely different; Audi 5cyl Turbo Diesel build up!!

And thanks for your offer of parts and assistance.
  2. jamesdean

Excellent thread on your build. I read it about a month ago and will go through it again this evening. You did a lot of custom work on your's that's very impressive. Thanks to you I'm going to look for that 20V Turbo oil pan, there's a 20V Turbo Audi 200 in my local junkyard, excellent idea. I...
  3. jamesdean

2.0 5 cylinder turbo diesel I'm finally going to start my 2.0TD into a 1987 Quantum Syncro Wagon (QSW) project and will begin a new thread after getting started and taking some pictures this weekend. I'm going to send GTiTDi a PM and see if he still has any spare parts leftover from this...
  4. jamesdean

making alh transmission removal/install easy.

This is one of the best tips I've seen on transmission removal. Thanks for the insight!
  5. jamesdean

Thanks for the offer, I already purchased one.
  6. jamesdean

I agree with your observations. Running the 80C thermostat will help but there's still a large temperature variation within the system. Here's a link to "Herman's" engine rebuild page that shows how he made a water outlet port on the back of the head. He removed the tapped plug for the water...
  7. jamesdean

Good idea on the IP internals You're right about quick thinking on the shutdown. Fortunately the fuel solenoid wire was close to hand and worked as it should. I'll keep a small block of wood near the turbo inlet in case that doesn't work. I was just going to put my hand over it, but that is...
  8. jamesdean

My error in the reply. I did PM GTITDI about his leftover parts.
  9. jamesdean

Very interesting timing on your question. I just got the engine running on a stand last night. I haven't figured out the adjustment for idle speed and timing advance but the thing sounded real strong. Sometimes it would idle o.k. at low rpms then sometimes when I would push the acellerator it...
  10. jamesdean

Thanks again for the tips. Jack, I found your original build thread and reviewed it as well as this one. There's several photos missing from your thread but I get the general idea of what you did. I'm going to start a build thread at the vwdieselparts.com site so I can keep track of what I'm...
  11. jamesdean

About the shoehorn. JackBombay, I plan on removing the front grille and headlight support panel and squeeze it in from the front after removing all the electrical related to the gasser.
  12. jamesdean

There's an Audi 4000 and 5000 gasser in my local Pick n Pull, which mount should I get?
  13. jamesdean

2.0 TD parts from your aborted build I've stumbled across this thread in my search to put a 2.0TD into my Quantum Syncro Wagon and wonder if you still have any of the 2.0TD parts. I've found a 2.0TD which will be shipped to me from Canada in January and would like to (much like you did) start...