Search results

1. J

Guru Need - King Of Prussia, PA area

The car is running great. The actuator wasn't adjusted properly the first time but it's fixed and running perfect!!!
  2. J

Mechanic wants to replace turbo

The car is running great. The actuator wasn't adjusted properly the first time but it's fixed and running perfect!!!
  3. J

The latest: On my way to work this morning. I was driving for about 5 minutes before I got to the highway on-ramp. Entering the highway I was accelerating, in 4th gear going around 55mph & bam! Limp mode kicked in. It doesn't appear to have thrown a code. When this happens on the highway I...
  4. J

Thanks for posting the Trusted Mechanics List. I'm currently using Gene's Foreign Car Service in Broomall, PA. They' re great but I'm looking for a 2nd opinion now.
  5. J

The last code was #17965. The mechanic checked the Wastegate regulator and said it cycled properly. Vacuum lines are fine. MAF is good. N75 is ok. He brought the boost down a little to see if that would help. Like I mentioned above for the most part the car runs fantastic. It's just every once...
  6. J

Hi All, Please respond with a trusted Guru in the King Of Prussia/Philadelphia area. 2000 Golf jumps into limp occasionally. It happens when I accelerate over 65-70mph but it does not happen every time. In fact it's infrequent. I drive at highways speeds a 20-30 times/week and it will jump...
  7. J

Thanks again for the advice! I'll give these suggestions a try.
  8. J

Well, it's been about four months now and the car occasionally (1-2 times/wk) jumps in to limp mode. It happens mostly at higher speeds (>60mph) when I'm accelerating. If you've read the previous posts you see I had my mechanic put in an aftermarket actuator. I don't do any work on my car but my...
  9. J

Hi All, Here's the update. I got my car back and it's running great. My mechanic installed the actuator that I bought from TDIParts.com (btw TDIParts was great to work with. Easy transaction & they shipped overnight). The mechanic commented on the third-party actuator saying that he felt the...
  10. J

Hey Puter...I meant to respond to your suggestion. I did ask my mechanic if he considered the MAF & he said he said he replaced it and didn't see any improvement.
  11. J

Hi All, thanks again for the feedback. Yuri, I did order the part from TDIparts.com...thanks for posting the link. After speaking with the mechanic I feel confident he diagnosed properly. I really hit him up with a lot of questions about diagnosing limp mode and all the different issues that may...
  12. J

WTB: VNT Actuator

Hi, I'm also in need of an actuator. I'm having a hard time finding the actuator separate from the turbo. Any suggestions on where to go & what the part number is? 2000 Golf GLS Thank you, John
  13. J

Ok...here's the deal. Bad actuator. Any suggestions on where to get the actuator? Do you know the part number for it? My mechanic says all of his vendors sell the actuator/turbo as one part. Thanks, John
  14. J

Hi All, Thanks for the feedback and advice! I’m going to call the mechanic first thing Monday morning and inquire about how he diagnosed the problem. I’ll ask more specific questions to see if he ruled out the other possible issues you mentioned. Thanks again for the help! John
  15. J

2000 Golf GLS TDI (115k miles) Hi All, I'm not sure what to do. My mechanic (on trusted list) informed me Thursday that my turbo needs to be replaced ($1100 parts $400 labor). I brought the car in 3 weeks ago because the Ck Engine light came on. At that time the mechanic said the following...
  16. J

Dealership wants to replace PS Rack$$$

Hey Guys, Thanks for the quick replies & good advice. I'm a turn-key car driving and although I love the car I don't get much into the mechanics of it. I bought the Golf new in 2000. It now has 88K miles. I always had it regularly serviced at this dealer (Jim Wynn). I guess like all of us I'm a...
  17. J

Dealership wants to replace PS Rack$$$

Hi All, I have a 2000 Golf TDI. Just this week the PS went. I took to a local dealership (Jim Wynn - Philly burbs) and they said I need a new PS rack. Charging $980/part & $165 for labor. Are these prices good? Should I get a 2nd opinion. I've read a few posting and some locals don't like Jim...