Search results

1. T

Towing advice

So he WAY over exceeded trailer/tongue weight on the minivan?
  2. T

Towing advice

If a someone managed to torque their frame/body/whatever with a WDH their either WAY over-adjusted that hitch or have serious problems with their vehicle. I suggested it based on the notion of a cross country trip. It can keep your vehicle leveled out and is really nice to have in the event of...
  3. T

Towing advice

Check your rear axle bushings. Also if you can load it up and see what the load does to your suspension - do it. Might be worth looking at a weight distribution hitch to ensure you have enough weight over front tires and haven't smashed the rear suspension down to the tires.
  4. T

Chronicle of a 2003 Jetta

Or use an air chisel!
  5. T

Clunk while turning in reverse

Well I was wrong its still there. At this point I'm running out of parts to replace. I even bought a damn action camera to catch it on camera. My most definitive shot was with camera mounted on control arm (which is new). Right when I heard the clunk the camera jumped. But control arm and...
  6. T

Update: both upper motor/transmission mounts replace did not solve issue. However once I replaced the dog bone mount this seems to have solved the issue and this has really changed ride quality and almost all of the vibrating/buzzing crap in the cabin is gone. I believe the mounts are original...
  7. T

Update: transmission mount replaced and clunk persists
  8. T

Could that be the alternator pulley bearing?
  9. T

OK I have another symptom to report today while entering a parking garage I cut the wheel hard to get into a parking spot and there was a very loud screeching that came from the front left. And this is not the same squealing of a tire on polished cement. Any thoughts?
  10. T

Would you be able to see the motor mount or motor itself shift when it makes that noise?
  11. T

Let me know what you find
  12. T

No it seems to be only on left. And replacing the struts didn’t fix it. I did notice the other day that I can feel it in steering wheel when it happens.
  13. T

They are parts store axles.
  14. T

Axles are new as of May. Bearing is 4 years old. I hope it’s not wheel bearing- such a PITA.
  15. T

No, but it helps if struts are seated all the way. In case anyone cares Monroe Quickstruts don’t fit into the knuckle.
  16. T

On another note both struts have now been replaced. Both front wheels have negative camber??
  17. T

2002 Golf TDI - ALH Idle Surging

Man I got obsessed with figuring it out. Had Vag com out all the time, went hunting vacuum and fuel leaks - got nothing. At this point it’s 21 yrs old and 400k miles, starts, has AC. I’m making best of it.
  18. T

Tried this and couldn’t reproduce the noise. I did try your engine wiggle. Right side of engine/trans does move some is this normal?
  19. T

How much play should trans mount have?
  20. T

Slow Cranking? -- What's the spec. crank speed?

eBay seller: Gauge Wire and Cable