Search results

1. 5

Wanted: Ross-tech cable for 02-04 tdi

I'm looking for one of the unlimited vin rosstech cables. I have an 02 Jetta and 04 Passat that I would be using it on. PayPal ready to buy. Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
  2. 5

Project: 2004 Passat TDI-Manual Swap, BSMD, And More!

I like this set up fairly well. Clutch feel is definitely heavier than a stock type clutch. It's definitely aggressive too. It took quite a while for the clutch to get broke in. It had a lot of chatter when it was new, but after a few thousand miles, it smoothed out. Most of my mixed driving...
  3. 5

I do really like this transmission. The better gear ratio is nice. Keeps the noise while driving down, I'm sure helps a bit with fuel economy, and with the tune, it still has no problem accelerating without down shifting. The only thing I don't care for is the notchy shifter feel, specifically...
  4. 5

So I forgot to update with a couple little things...I got the transmission in record shipping time. The ship date on the label said 7/23/18 and it arrived at my shop on 7/25/18. That is truly impressive! I also got my flashzilla at the end of last week too. Still waiting on my clutchmasters kit...
  5. 5

Malone Tuning FlashZilla

I got my flashzilla in the mail at the end of last week. Still waiting for my clutchmaster kit, but once that is here, I'll hopefully have the car ready to rip and I can try out my new tune!
  6. 5

Whitbread

Hmm that is odd. He generally has great customer service reviews. As a business manager myself, I do understand how some times things get missed or lost in the hustle and bustle. I would suggest just being patient and persistent if you are wanting to make an order right away. Sent from my...
  7. 5

Whitbread

Hmm....odd....certain you got the right email address? Did you try contacting him on the forum in case your email got sent to spam or something?
  8. 5

Whitbread

How long have you been waiting for an email response? Longest I waited in making my order was 2 days I think. Understandable as he is a busy guy with a lot going on.
  9. 5

Malone Tuning FlashZilla

Good to hear. I figure if I am going with a Stage 2 tune, any changes that need to be made to the tune after data logging, I can do myself and it'll more than pay for itself vs paying someone to do the data logging and reflashing.
  10. 5

Malone Tuning FlashZilla

Has anyone used a FlashZilla? I was just going to take my car to the local Malone dealer, but I can buy a Flashzilla for around $50 more than taking it there to have it tuned. I think this is the way I'll go, especially since I want to do a Stage 2 tune which requires data logging and a retune...
  11. 5

Whitbread

I'll likely be casting my vote on this as well since this is the setup that I have ordered.
  12. 5

Yea, ill keep this thread updated for sure. Even with the higher ratios, I get mid to upper 30s in town and back roads and low 40s on the highway. Best I've got was 43mpg on an all highway trip. I look forward to having this done. Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
  13. 5

Yea, will do. I'm sure it will be great. I'm interested to see how it will effect the fuel economy. What do you normally get with yours? Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
  14. 5

The order process on the transmission took a little longer than I hoped, mostly because of the time zone difference, so same day communication is limited. However, I completed the order for a DUK transmission today. Hope to have everything here by middle of next week now.
  15. 5

I placed the order on the whitbread flywheel and fx300 clutch kit. Very prompt service from him, easy to do business with, shipped out same day! In the process of ordering a DUK transmission from Frans. Hopefully if all goes well, I can have everything by next weekend!
  16. 5

Manual transmission clutch package

Just to update my input in this thread.....I've learned the hard way that solid light flywheel and solid disc is not a good combination. Very hard on syncros. The aforementioned 6 puck ceramic killed off 2 transmissions so I changed to a solid organic disc and it has now KOed another...
  17. 5

RYAN P's 6 speed 02M Conversions and ALL Euro TDI Parts

PM sent for quote on TDI Passat b5 manual transmission
  18. 5

Good to know! I appreciate your help. Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
  19. 5

I can't imagine its any worse than the ceramic 6 puck I had at first. Haha! Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
  20. 5

I think id rather have the whitebread set up.... seen to many failed dual mass flywheels and I want something better than "should" haha. I don't want to have to do this again any time soon. Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk