Search results

1. imperium

Help me troubleshoot boost/intercooler issue?

Thanks so much for all the replies! I did not remove the actuator rod- I just noticed it sounded squeeky when I was manually moving it with the Mityvac. When I watched it, it moves about 1/4 inch before it appears to "snag" then it moves maybe 1/4 to 1/2" more. I thought it could be sticky vanes...
  2. imperium

I pulled the intercooler last night- all was tight and went back tight. No cracks or damage seen. No issues with soft brake pedal. I have a Mityvac but I am not the world's best at knowing how to use it. When I connect it to the vacuum pump it holds vacuum, as well as when connected to the...
  3. imperium

Ok, I had time to take a better look. I still am no closer to a solution. All pipes and hoses are tight and intact. If there is a crack, it can not be detected with the naked eye. I took it for a drive and there is some boost, just not above 15 psi when normally I get up to 21 psi which is...
  4. imperium

Thanks for the replies. I am going to try the soapy water idea because there is definitely nothing loose and I can see no cracks at all, even when I took them off and examined them. I am also going to take a look at the intercooler while I am in there. I sure wish I had more room to work in...
  5. imperium

Hi all, After much banging of knuckles and scratching of my head...I am asking for advice. Situation: taking off from a stop, I heard a loud sound that sounded a lot like an intercooler hose popping off, then whooshing sound and loss of power. Whooshing sound is gone but I still have no boost...
  6. imperium

What did you do to your car today?

Replaced failing driver door lock mechanism. YAY for a working driver door. Boo for the passenger door now failing. LOL....never a dull moment!!!
  7. imperium

CCM Woes

I wish this fuse was my problem! :( Does anyone know how to test a CCM? I pulled 2 from a U-Pic that according to ETKA, should work in my car. The instrument cluster lights come on and I hear what sounds like a relay click then nothing. The car will not try to turn over. When I put mine back in...
  8. imperium

Took the battery out because I suspected broken reverse light switch wires. No broken wires, adding new switch to my list. Cleaned terminals, put all back in...also FINALLY adjusted and lubricated my shift linkage while I had good access. Shifts like butter again! Now if I could only figure out...
  9. imperium

The "peoples car"

I have owned many air cooled VWs over the years (all buses) and I have to agree that it is a completely different feel and experience. I love my TDI but there is something almost relaxing about pulling the tools out of my bus and sitting down to do some work on it. I know whatever job I take on...
  10. imperium

Greenville, SC anyone?

I grew up in Greenville, moved a few years ago but still visit as I still have friends and family there. It is a nice place to live, very family friendly, people are generally nice and NO STATE INSPECTIONS! Wooo hoooo! Although I no longer live there, I can definitely offer advice still on...
  11. imperium

VAG and SG not connecting?

I wish I could offer advice but I have yet to find my particular issue and still can not connect to my OBDII port. :(
  12. imperium

IMPEX Fest IX MAY 15,2010

It is a definite now! Count me in! (plus one since the roomie now has a TDI as well) Lawson, anyone meeting up with ya for some infamous Thai beforehand? :)
  13. imperium

It never gets old!

Even though my beetle is in need of a new clutch (new one sitting in a bix next to me as I type) and has a list of mysterious electrical issues a mile long, she never fails me. Just drove her 500 miles (from DC to Cinci) without a single hiccup, aside from getting my bumper kissed by an idiot...
  14. imperium

Yea, the hair still matches the car. HAHA Count me in! I hope I hear from Jeff by then, really need him to look at my ECU. Anyone gonna be wrenching at this event, or is that frowned upon? I drove the roomie to Cinci over the weekend and he is now the proud owner of a TDI as well. He may or...
  15. imperium

Does running over the leg of a freakin ELK count as something you did to your car recently? LOL.... (Soon to be changing the oil, all the filters and searching for the mysterious rubbing sound!) and waiting on Jeff to respond to see if he can look at my ECU
  16. imperium

2005 Passat wagon GL TDI for sale

It's a beautiful car and will be residing beside my beetle. I think it's a worthy enough home. ;) Now time to look into the balance shaft work. MUHAHAHA
  17. imperium

I may attend this, depends on if Jeff has time to look at my ECU or not. I wrote him, waiting to see what he can do. Or if my roomie gets a TDI. (I am helping him look for a wagon at the moment)
  18. imperium

FS: 2003 TDI Jetta Wagon in NC

PM sent..:)
  19. imperium

Does committing to attend Fest count as doing something on your car? LOL Seriously, today I had to schedule ANOTHER windshield replacement. I think my car has a rock magnet on it...