Search results

1. G

Fans run too much?

If not already, try plugging back in the 2nd and 3rd EGT sensors. Wrap up the sensors and tuck them somewhere.
  2. G

Looking For People in The Louisville, KY area

To find Paramedics email, click on his username...then "About". I'm also in the Louisville area
  3. G

99.5 unstable IQ last 10 feet before coming to full stop

Wonky speed sensor on the trans maybe?
  4. G

Is there no fix for the leaking turbo inlet pipe?

I think he's talking about the Turbo Inlet Pipe from the air filter...not the connection at the intake manifold from the intercooler where the dog collar would be used on a BEW. This: https://www.idparts.com/turbocharger-inlet-pipe-adapter-brm-3c0129635-p-7728.html Maybe a little thicker...
  5. G

Q7 AdBlue Reset

As a matter of fact...Yes. Dealership says it has the "TDI Extension" and is under warranty until 190,000 miles or until 4/1/2023. So I guess I'll give them a stab at it.
  6. G

Q7 AdBlue Reset

126,628 on the car now. The recall sticker for 23R8 says was done on 11/29/18. There was an autocheck report in the car that was ran in Feb of 2019. It shows the recall as open...maybe just didn't didn't make it on the report yet since it was done just a couple of months prior. It shows the...
  7. G

Q7 AdBlue Reset

I bought a 2009 Q7 in an Adblue no-start condition. The upper DEF tank is full. I have looked up all the ways I can find to reset it. I think it has the software update that allows it to reset on it's own with the key on for a while. But I've tried the VCDS adaptation group 80 thing and it...
  8. G

04 Touareg V10 Drive Train - Any Wrenchers in Louisville KY area? Update: Sold it

Well, so much for that. Sold it to a nice fellow in an Audi Q7 TDI that seemed to know more about it than I and wanted to have a go at it. Good luck, Jeff if you see this post. Let us know what you find.
  9. G

04 Touareg V10 Drive Train - Any Wrenchers in Louisville KY area? Update: Sold it

Just to elaborate. The vibration is not slight. It's bad enough that I won't drive it other than a test drive. I have not noticed the groaning or grinding noise that most people report on the diff. But I haven't driven it much, especially at high speed. I will check the oil for metal, and...
  10. G

Ok, so the vibration seems to be RPM related. When I gear down, the vibration seems to speed up and is not quite as bad. I feel it in the steering wheel and the dash more so that the floor or the seat. It only does it when I'm on the accelerator in gear. Completely goes away when I let off...
  11. G

Will do. I have it on a battery charger now. I will get it charged, clear the codes, and drive it around the block to see what codes it throws. And I will get it into the garage and get serious about trouble shooting.
  12. G

I have not driven the vehicle much since I bought it. It had the dash warnings and clunkiness when I got it. The vibration was not near as bad when I got it as it is now. That why I'm thinking it's the play in the long/rear part of the shaft. On the stepper motor, it's been a while since...
  13. G

A lot of vibration and clunking/noise. The previous owner replaced the carrier bearing with an aftermarket setup (EPS, I think). But I'm not sure they put everything back together correctly. There is play in the rear portion of the shaft...it slides easily from front to back. My other...
  14. G

Tampa area TDI mechanic

Same here. Following...
  15. G

Looking for someone in the Louisville KY area to help me sort through the drive train issues on my 04 Touareg V10.
  16. Jetta2.jpg

Jetta2.jpg

17. Jetta1.jpg

Jetta1.jpg

18. G

Sold - 2002 Jetta TDI, $1000 Scottsburg, IN

Sold locally. 2002 Jetta TDI, Automatic, 178,000 miles. Clear Indiana title in my name. I bought this car with a bad Injector Pump. But family and health issues came up. So the car has sat for well over a year. Right away I put a used 11mm IP on it. Did a timing belt kit, fluids and...
  19. G

SOLD: 2005 Jetta TDI (BEW), Bad Trans, $500, Southern IN

25 minutes north of Louisville. Private message sent.