Search results

1. 79TA7.6

2005 Golf BEW New Owner

EDIT: Changed the title as I bought this car and will have many more questions to come as I am new to the BEW motor. There is someone selling a 2005 golf a few hours away from me. Claims the cpu is bad which is affecting the abs and traction control. What is this guy talking about? He says it...
  2. 79TA7.6

ALH IP bleeding back

If my car sits a while it will fire up, then die, or really try to die, then takes a lot of cranking to fire back up. I am thinking my IP is bleeding back. I am not sure if it is an issue with the IP or with air getting into my fuel lines. I am running an aftermarket fuel filter so it is not an...
  3. 79TA7.6

Dead turbo

So my son took my 2003 ALH to town to get some stuff for us as he currently has the interior of his torn apart. As he was heading up a hill, he tried to skip 4th gear as my transmission is toast and grinds 3rd and 4th. He says after that, the car fell into limp mode and refused to come back out...
  4. 79TA7.6

2010 Jetta Sedan with codes

My brother in law just acquired a free 2010 sedan but it has issues. I am unable to scan it with my VCDS as it is only good up to the mk4. The codes he got, not sure what scanner he used, are P0238 manifold boost sensor (g31) signal too high. P2015 intake manifold pressure sensor. P026A charge...
  5. 79TA7.6

Radio stays on with key removed

Sorry for all the extra posts from me lately. I have been quiet for quite some time as my 2003 Jetta has been a non issue car for a while. Anyway, I just picked up a 2002 golf for my son. We spent all day yesterday cleaning this thing as it had sat for the last 6 months. The radio was in safe...
  6. 79TA7.6

New golf owner

I just purchased a 2002 golf for my 16 year old son. I am trying to figure out if the rear hatch is working as intended and if it is, is there a way to change it. Currently the button on the driver door does not work, but that is likely a power thing. Will work on that later. Right now the only...
  7. 79TA7.6

2003 struggles to start after sitting more than 12 hours

My car had been sitting since the end of December as my head gasket blew and I was trying to decide if I wanted to repair it or not. About one month ago I finally got around to getting it back on the road, new head gasket and fresh timing belt. Car has close to 400k miles and this is the fourth...
  8. 79TA7.6

Looking to replace my ALH

This last December I blew the head gasket in my 2003 Jetta with 385k miles. I have been contemplating this entire time about fixing it or replacing it. If I do replace it, it will be with a newer, 2010+ golf or Jetta. I have pulled the head and #1 cylinder looks perfect, #4 decent but 2 and 3...
  9. 79TA7.6

Foamy coolant

2003, 385k miles, EGR and cooler deleted. Last week on my way home I blew a radiator hose, well rubbed a hole in it. Third time doing that from not checking after reinstalling something to make sure it is not rubbing. Anyway, got it fixed at a buddies then drove home 65 miles. Parked it for the...
  10. 79TA7.6

2003 5 speed issues

It has been a very long time since I have been on the forums. For the last couple of years I have had a hard time hitting third and fourth. To the point where I would have to double clutch when down shifting. A couple weeks ago I could not get third unless I was rev matching and NOT using the...
  11. 79TA7.6

Engine cooling system

So I was driving to work this morning when my low coolant light came on. I have had issues in the past with a slow leak at the t-stat housing, which I thought I fixed by adding a bead of silicone to the flange, so I was not too worried. The temp gauge did not move, and yes I know this is just a...
  12. 79TA7.6

Speedometer fuse

Tuesday after work I went into town to get some groceries. My speedometer and everything was working just fine when I went in the store. When I left I noticed that my speedometer was not working. At first I was not too worried about it as I figured I would fix it when I got home. When I hit the...
  13. 79TA7.6

Boost issues

I have been fighting weird boost issues in my 2003 5 speed alh for a little while now. I was thinking it might have been that my timing was starting to walk a little, but this last weekend I replaced my timing belt, 3rd time since I have owned this car, and used all the proper tools and followed...
  14. 79TA7.6

Starter issues

I had purchased a used starter a few years back with intentions of rebuilding it. I found out that it was an aftermarket starter so I did not want to waste the time on it. I took it all apart and cleaned it and put it away. Last year during the cold, right around zero, I had an issue where my...
  15. 79TA7.6

2003 5 speed shifting issues

A little history first. I have owned my car since 85k miles. It currently has 288k. I change the gear oil every 50k, the last 150k has been with Penzoil Synchromesh. About 150k ago I installed a Dieselgeek short shifter. I drive this car 140 miles per day, usually 4 days a week. The route I take...
  16. 79TA7.6

Buzzken exhaust hitting heat shield

I just installed a new vnt17 and Buzzken 2.5" down pipe fitted to the stock cat back. When I installed the dp it was touching the heat shield just above it. I pushed the shield up a little bit until it was not touching, but at idle it still hits it and is vibrating/rattling like mad. Has anyone...
  17. 79TA7.6

WTB VNT15 turbo for my 2003 jetta

No longer needed. Bought a new one instead. I need a lower mileage turbo for my car. I am not interested in any Chinese crap. Please only quality like garret. There must be zero shaft play as that is the reason I am replacing mine. Please shoot me what you have to offer and a shipping price...
  18. 79TA7.6

Oil change uncovers possible destruction

I am changing the oil in my 2003 Jetta. She has 272k miles. I try to change it every 10k but I am off by about 2k this time around. Anyway, when I pulled the plug I found some metal attached to it. It is a magnetic style plug, but I never imagined I would capture anything like this. Can someone...
  19. 79TA7.6

Rattle in front right

So over the last week I have noticed that my car has developed a nasty sounding rattle in the front right drive train area. This rattle sounds like a heavy metal rattle, almost like something is flopping around. It only does it under no load, no back load conditions. In other works it does not...
  20. 79TA7.6

Do I really want traction control?

I have purchased the new brake controller, MK60, for my car. I did this a few years back but have never had the chance to install it. I really wanted to follow the "Traction Control(ASR)" thread. We bought my wife a newer car, 2006 Dodge Stratus. It has traction control and I cannot stand it. I...