Search results

1. B

Lights on dashboard after DSG filter change

If all you did was change the DSG fluid and you know that you put it all back together properly… I would test drive the car and see how it goes.
  2. B

2006 Jetta MAJOR PROBLEMS!

What name brand of parts are you using..? These cars are pretty much designed for quality oem parts and no Chinese knockoffs. There are quite a few reputable parts suppliers mentioned here on this website. Start there…
  3. B

2006 1.9l brm P0101 code PLZ HELP

Check camshaft for wear… how many miles are on the engine…?
  4. B

DSG Grinding When Gear Selected

Good news to hear- that it is a simple fix.
  5. B

valve cover gasket replacement

Also torque them to proper torque. I don’t have the specifics with me but it does matter because plastic flexes. I also retorqued around a month later after driving a few hundred miles. I’m sharing because I learned the hard way…!
  6. B

valve cover gasket replacement

Make sure you tighten them in the proper order- In the Bentley manual .
  7. B

When its worn out metal you wont get any faults from VCDS because its mechanical failure/wear.... You can definitely get good help and instruction from this forum on how to repair if you feel its a job you can do yourself... Labor rate at my local VW stealership is $155 per hour...
  8. B

It is really a pretty simple fix once you remove the transmission. I have had 5 ( currently have 3)of these 2006 BRM TDI Jettas and do all of my own maintenance. There is a pretty good write up on installing the clutch pack and setting it up properly... I learned the hard way on one of my...
  9. B

Key will not turn over car after battery disconnected for 2 months

Again… what is the voltage of the battery????You need a voltage meter that reads dc voltage . First step in electrical troubleshooting….
  10. B

Sounds like the clutch pack inside of the transmission needs replacing. Transmission will need to be removed. It’s directly behind the DMF
  11. B

Glow Plug difference

I have one bad glow plug in my 2006 BRM Jetta … I see online the OEM, NGK and Bosch…. I’m looking at FCP Euro and IDPARTS. Alot of price difference…. I know that you get what you pay for…? Which ones are good quality or do you just go by price.. ? My first time having to replace one so I’m doing...
  12. B

Car shaking at idle.

I know that this is an older thread but I recently had alot of engine shaking…. It ended up being my idler pulley. I had replaced it when I had done the last timing belt as well. It was keeping the belt tight around the alternator and compressor BUT the spring was weak…?! So it was shaking...
  13. B

Key will not turn over car after battery disconnected for 2 months

What is the voltage of the battery…?
  14. B

What would you do?

I would first of all get a professional opinion if you actually need a new transmission. Your car will probably be parked for a while to do a manual transmission swap. Hope this helps
  15. B

Oil

A while back- I thought that I was able to beat IDPARTS price on LiquiMoly 5w-40 for my 06’ BRM Jetta-on the internet….! Until check out… Come to find out -shipping was crazy high when I went to check out… They are consistently the best as far as I am concerned especially with free shipping…
  16. B

TDI shaking and shuttering under load

When is the last time you changed your fuel filter…?
  17. B

2005.5 BRM with DSG wrong mechatronics unit?

A couple of years ago I went to my local VW dealer and was able to order a brand new mechatronics for my 2006 VW Jetta tdi with dsg. All I had to do was give them the VIN number and it came in ready to go in. Maybe the dealership can tell you what Mechatronics # you actually need. Hope this helps!
  18. B

Rear main Seal Replacement, 6 speed Conversion Discussion & Issues

I was just curious, what are the main advantages of doing a 6 speed swap ...? Is it just for better mpg...?
  19. B

MK5 TDI 06 sounds like a helicopter, engine codes p0101, and p0299.

Yep…. It’s a supply chain issue… it’s really hard to find good quality parts nowadays… just make sure you buy from a well known and respected manufacturer/ supplier for your parts… it’s not that bad of a job mechanically…this website is proven to be a reliable source for advice…. Thank you all!
  20. B

MK5 TDI 06 sounds like a helicopter, engine codes p0101, and p0299.

I have had to replace the cams in both of my daughters 2006 TDIs the past 6 months … one had 220k and one 325k… I bought my cams from IDPARTS… I like the quality parts and fast delivery as well. It’s not too bad of a job to do yourself. There are a few good YouTube videos of what to do and a...