Search results

1. dutch.mafia

Oil Change Reminder vs. Interval

If the interval recommended by VW is 10,000 miles (as I intended) why do I get an oil change change reminder at about 6,000 miles? I changed my engine oil just shy of 40,000 miles and reset the maintenance warning. I am now at 45,000 and am being told to schedule an oil change. Am I missing...
  2. dutch.mafia

WTB: GSW SEL 6MT

Anyone have any tips to find a GSW SEL 6MT? I have used eBay, Facebook marketplace, Craigslist, cars.com, and autotrader. Am I missing one?
  3. dutch.mafia

S vs. SE vs. SEL

Forgive me if this is already a thread somewhere. I’ve been trying to figure out the differences between the models. I know the basics: S No Pano roof Silver center console “Cheapest” looking seats Wheels are different SE Pano roof? Silver center console “Cheaper” looking sport seats...
  4. dutch.mafia

FS 2015 Golf DSG SEL (WI)

I bought it back in July and sold my ALH 5sp. I miss driving a manual, so I’m selling to buy a 6MT. 2015 VW Golf SEL DSG 40,000 miles (Fresh 40k service, DSG, oil, filters, etc) Navigation Fender premium audio w/subwoofer Lighting Package Automatic/Rain Sensing Wipers Two-Tone Leatherette I am...
  5. dutch.mafia

40k Mile Service (Oil Questions from IDParts)

Im getting ready to do the 40,000 mile service on my 2015 Golf DSG. What is everyone’s thoughts on Rowe oil that is pre-selected on IDParts? I am a Liqui Moly fanboy (for no particular reason), but am wondering if it’s worth the $12 up charge. I usually don’t question what they recommend for...
  6. dutch.mafia

Help me love the DSG...or not

I thought what I needed was a newer car. Pulled the trigger on a 2015 Golf SEL DSG. Car is in phenomenal shape - nothing wrong with it...except it’s a DSG. I previously had been driving a fairly modified ALH 5 speed, and the two cars I had owned before that were manuals. There’s just something...
  7. dutch.mafia

Sold!

2002 VW Golf 2 Door (I am the second owner) 180,000 miles (will not go up, as I have a new commuter) 5 Speed Manual Transmission Mods: KermaTDI Tuned VNT17 Plus (Kerma replacement for 17/22) Stainless oil supply lines DLC 1019 Nozzles (.216) South Bend Stage 2 Daily Clutch ARP head studs...
  8. dutch.mafia

A/C Blowing Ambient Air

The air went out on my car about a week ago. It was blowing ice cold, then out of nowhere was blowing ambient air. Both fans are working, but the clutch is not engaging. I’ve checked all of the fuses and none are blown. I’m thinking it might be the FCM, but am looking for input. I also, around...
  9. dutch.mafia

WTB: Eibach Pro Springs and Aftermarket Shocks/Struts (MK4 Golf in WI)

As the title states, I am looking for a used suspension setup for my 2002 Golf. Currently on the stock shocks/struts and they are blown out from age/miles. Send me a PM or comment below if you have a lead on a set. Thanks! Cole
  10. dutch.mafia

FS: VNT17 With Billet Adapter (WI)

I've got a Garret VNT17 with roughly 30k miles on it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it - zero shaft play and has been stored indoors since removal. I just upgraded to a 17/22. Sale will come with the billet adapter to utilize stock plumbing. Looking to get $650 plus shipping. I am...
  11. dutch.mafia

Head gasket replacement, now rough cold start

I recently had the head gasket replaced on my ALH (with roughly 160k miles). The main reason was that coolant was "disappearing" (lol) and the number 4 glow plug was busted off in the head. Took the car in, ARP head studs installed, glow plug extracted, 4 new gp's installed, head resurfaced, new...
  12. dutch.mafia

WTB: Ross Tech HEX USB CAN VCDS cable

As the title states, I am looking for a used VCDS cable, preferably a HEX USB CAN, that way I can use it on newer VWs too. Maybe interested in a KII cable for the right price. PM or post up here with what you have to offer. Thanks!
  13. dutch.mafia

Why is my car farting?

Alright, I've been having this issue basically since I got it back in May of this year. I thought maybe it would go away, and it doesn't seem to be causing any harm, it is just annoying. Whenever I turn the car off, and mainly when we have warm temps (45+ *F), I get a weird sound. I cannot...
  14. dutch.mafia

MK4 GTI/Golf Seats 99-05

Looking to sell the factory seats out of my 2002 Golf TDI GL. They're in pretty decent shape, I'm only selling because I bought 20th GTI seats to replace them. There are a few minor stains on the driver's seat, and a large darker stain on the rear passenger seat. The bolsters are in great shape...
  15. dutch.mafia

2.5" vs. 3.0" TBE & FMIC vs. SMIC

Are there any real advantages to having a 3" TBE vs. having a 2.5" TBE? I'm talking for power levels of 200-250 whp. Also, besides the obvious better cooling because of larger surface area, (which I guess answers my question already), is a FMIC worth it? Currently I have 2.5" TBE, and an...
  16. dutch.mafia

How important are heat shields?

My exhaust heat shields have become loose underneath my car, and have developed a nasty rattle. How necessary are they to remain on the car? Obviously "important" because they were put there from factory, but is it "safe" to remove them?
  17. dutch.mafia

The Go-Kart: A College Budget Build

My name is Cole, and I am currently a sophomore at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville, majoring in Mechanical Engineering. So far I have had three vehicles (since I turned 16), none of which I was ever all that happy with. I just picked up this 2002 VW Golf TDI Saturday (4/11/15) afternoon...