Search results

1. cbman18j

FS: MKIV Jetta ALH remaining parts - Savannah, GA

I have a some parts that are left over from the previous 3 ALHs I had, 1 Golf and 2 Jettas. Some of the parts I never got to install prior to them leaving my possession and others were spares. New VW 2 wire Glow Plug Harness $100 New Glow Plugs (4) $30 Glow Plugs and Harness $120 Front and Rear...
  2. cbman18j

Mechanic Fayetteville, AR

Does anyone know a mechanic in Fayetteville, AR that works on the ALH? My previous 03 Jetta, which my sister now owns, stopped on her. I would checked it out myself but I am 4 states away from her. Thanks
  3. cbman18j

FS: MK4 RMT 100+ Bluetooth MP3

I have an RMT 100+ with the Retrofit kit for premium 6 head unit that I purchased from ECS Tuning two years ago. It also comes with the code. I have the receipt to document the purchase. The radio worked great. I am selling because my mkiv tdi was hit in front of my house. I am in the process of...
  4. cbman18j

FS: VNT15s MK4 Savannah, GA

I have three VNT-15s for the alh for sale located in Savannah, GA. They will fit 99.5 to 2003 jetta, golf, bug with the ALH. One of them came of my 307k mile Jetta when I swapped to a VNT-17. The VNT actuator was replace in last 3 years, I can find the receipt if necessary. $225 The...
  5. cbman18j

2000 VW Golf unexpected rebuild

So about summer of 2016 I bought a golf that someone who had recently installed a rebuilt IP, new clutch, and few other small items to use for spare parts on my jetta as things broke. The previous owner thought it needed a new turbo but had become frustrated with the repairs and wanted it...
  6. cbman18j

Fuel Economy Loss after Wheel and Tire Swap

So I have been using the Montereys with Continental True Contact for ~70,000 miles. My mileage has averaged 40-48 mpg roughly through 69,000 miles of highway driving depending if my indicated speed was 70 or higher. I switched to 17" Long Beachs with Continental Pure Contacts and it took me to...
  7. cbman18j

MKIV ST Coilovers ~26000 miles $400obo

I have a set of ST coilovers for sale that I had on my Jetta. I purchased them from a vortex user a couple of months ago. They have a total of ~26k miles on them between me and the previous owner. They were great for lowering the vehicle but I did not like the vehicle dynamics since I drive...
  8. cbman18j

ISO: Diesel Geek Bypass filter ALH

I am looking for a diesel geek bypass filter for an ALH. If you have one to get rid of pm me. Chris
  9. cbman18j

Another Limp mode with graph

To make a long story short, I replaced my VNT actuator and did a lot of other things in order to clear my limp mode. Which I thought I had fixed surprise, surprise after a couple days on one of my 1200 mile weekends I go into limp mode on a hill outside Columbus, GA on HWY 80 in a Alabama...
  10. cbman18j

Help Passenger Rear brake dragging

My passenger rear brake is dragging. I tried resolving it with the parking brake springs. Does anyone know if this kit will fit including carriers for a 03 mkiv jetta? I am not sure how long it has been dragging but appears that the parking brake lever is getting hung up in the caliper...
  11. cbman18j

WTB: ALH 5speed 100mm Flanges

I am looking for a set a stock ALH flanges. I anyone did the swap to 1.8t and has there old ones laying around give me a shout. Thanks
  12. cbman18j

T4 Fan Control Connector

Does anyone know how to disassemble this connector? It turns out the T4/3 is broken right at the connector. I found that there are holes on the side of the connector that can be used to pop the cap then inside of the connector you have to release the plastic retainer.
  13. cbman18j

Back on the Road

So I purchased an my first TDI about a month ago an 03 Jetta with 190K miles questionable last timing belt change. Previous owner said with in past 20K miles but I went ahead and did the following as a little insurance since I will putting 1000 mile on a week over three days. I changed the...
  14. cbman18j

WTB: 03 Bentley Manaul

I am looking to purchase an Bentley manual for my 03 Jetta TDI. Thanks
  15. cbman18j

VAGtaco in Savannah Area

Does any in the area have a VAGtaco, I need to program spare keys? Thanks