Search results

1. A

How many miles on your passat ?

2015 SEL Premium 145k miles Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. A

Remote start from iphone

I use the remote start via my phone and my Alexa for my 2020 Ram all the time. It’s great! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. A

2015 Lower Control Arm/Bushing Replacement

I guess if you plan to autocross it.. then yes. Or if you like the looks there’s always that. But I drive my car really hard and love the setup I have with Koni active struts/shocks, front and rear swaybars, and a Malone Stage2 tune. Just need to install my subframe kit cause the OE subframe...
  4. A

I went with stoptech drilled and slotted rotors with stoptech pads because i like how they look. Performance is good also, I have about 40k miles on that setup and they still have plenty of life. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. A

Do you always reuse the same subframe bolts? I dropped my subframe twice when I did my front swaybar and reused the bolts and ive had the subframe clunk ever since. I just got the isolation kit in with some ARP bolts and gonna install this week. I did the front swaybar to stiffen the ride. I...
  6. A

Might as well and a new front swaybar while you’re in there. Also a subframe isolation kit and some arp bolts. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. A

Newer TDI

My 2015 Passat TDI with the Malone tune works great. I haven’t noticed any difference since the “fix.” Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. A

Battery questions for a 2015.

You don’t need vcds to switch to agm. I installed a larger battery, non-agm from Walmart. It didn’t fit perfectly in the tray but i was still able to secure it to the existing tray. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. A

Dropping the subframe

Gotcha. I have 145k miles in mine and the bushings still seem to be in great shape. And I drive rough and also tow. I don’t take it to the track but I’m often on winding roads at high rate of speeds. Also have slightly oversized tires compared to stock. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. A

Dash light regen indicator?

My ram tells me when the regen is happening. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. A

Passat move from Jetta

I’ve been running it for at least 100k miles. No issues with the emissions system. I removed the tune anytime I take it for dieselgate warranty stuff. But since the “fixes” were applied I’ve left it on. I love it! At most a burn a quart. I’ll add 1/2qt at around 3500miles into the interval, and...
  12. A

Passat move from Jetta

Seems like some people have issues and other dont. I also drive my vehicles very hard. I wouldn’t expect it to happen and it doesn’t affect my opinion about the car. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. A

Dropping the subframe

Explain more on this? Also, why not go with an aftermarket tube subframe? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. A

Dropping the subframe

You definitely need to replace the subframe bolts because they are tty bolts and will stretch. I ran into this when I installed a front swaybar. I re-used the factory bolts and my subframe shifts when turning at slow speeds and you can hear it clunk loudly. However, I just ordered both sets of...
  15. A

Passat move from Jetta

I’m running better front and rear swaybars plus Koni red Sport struts and shocks. Very helpful in the handling department. I have 145,000 miles on my ‘15 Passat which I purchased in Oct ‘14. Other than it burning some oil. It’s a great car! I also have a Malone Stage2 tune with factory...
  16. A

MIL ON - Code P048C

If it’s covered under the TDI warranty... take it in. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. A

Coolant sensor 2 location on 2015 question

Nope just under the turbo and downpipe Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. A

Coolant sensor 2 location on 2015 question

I think it’s on the back side of the motor towards the bottom. You have to remove the plastic guard to access it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. A

Flashing oil light

I’ve been having oil consumption issues fir the past 2yrs, since 60k miles. At 140k miles now and have to add 1-2qts between oil changes. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. A

Tips or tricks from MK6 front strut replacement

Gotcha. I reused the factory strut mount and nothing came apart so I’m assuming it’s all good. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk