Search results

1. S

Kerma Tdi Review

I haven't monitored it in a while, but low to mid 1600s are as high as I was able to observe with the Malone tune. The car has to be pushed to get those figures. I was setting the EGT limit code on your last tune at 80% throttle and 3200 RPM at times (reference my 6/6/16 email.) I don't drive...
  2. S

Strong ammonia smell in exhaust?

AdBlue (def) is synthetic urea, so the ammonia smell makes sense. I've not had a regen since I had the update done and I don't normally roll my windows down, so I've not noticed any difference. I would not be surprised if the increased dosage rate is responsible for what you are noticing.
  3. S

Kerma Tdi Review

Odd that you never mentioned that to me. I also do not have any email from you on 12/15/2015. You didn't send the Qloader to me until 12/17/2015. You led me to believe that these were tunes you were working on for production and that you wanted to make sure the bugs were worked out. When I found...
  4. S

Kerma Tdi Review

Charlie... You did not give me any heads up about the EGT limiter. In fact the first time it set a P2478 code you were of the opinion that the code may have set because the EGTs were too low. In regards to the logs: I don't see anywhere in the emails where you provided any templates or...
  5. S

Kerma Tdi Review

During an email conversation on 9/27/2016 I told him I'd gladly amend my statements if he followed through with sending an updated file. I've had no contact with him since 10/11/2016, when he indicated they had just got their test vehicle on the road again after dealing with some malfunctioning...
  6. S

Roof Rack Options for 2015 SportWagon (WagEn in US)

Drive faster.. I know the whistle you're referring to as I have the factory bars as well. I only put mine on when I'm going to be using them, so I haven't bothered to try to get it to stop.
  7. S

Trunk lid shock upgrade?

Similar, but different.
  8. S

When cleaning the windshield my wiper arms will not stay up

The mythical tome known as "the owner's manual" is rumoured to have information such as this.
  9. S

Gen 3 fix extended warranty

No, that would take a few hours to swap back in. Why is this such a big issue for you? A: You're in Canada. We're talking about legal language in a US federal court. B: What skin do you have in this? Why does it seem to bother you so? C: What background do you have to make some of your...
  10. S

I can flash the car back to stock in about 10 minutes. What the hell happened to this place? Where did all the enthusiasts go? All that's left appear to be pillow biting novices. Do you guys yell at the cars passing you on the highway with "Hey, you can't do that!"? I've processed warranty...
  11. S

That is the design life of the car. Pretty much any modern car. Some people get more, some less. By 2020 even the gassers are going to have these types of exhaust treatment systems. There isn't much escaping it.
  12. S

They don't have a choice. They agreed to this in a Federal Court. The word "shall" bears rather important significance here.
  13. S

Tuned EA288 VWs and Recall Updates

"All disputes shall be resolved in favor of the consumer." I'm not worried. I've processed enough warranty claims in my day to understand the issues.
  14. S

Tuned EA288 VWs and Recall Updates

Will the tuners (Malone/Kerma/Etc..) be supporting their customers through this process? I've looked a bit and haven't seen any discussion on this. I'm considering keeping mine, but may turn it in for a gasser if the tuners pull the plug on support.
  15. S

"All disputes shall be resolved in favor of the consumer." VW isn't going to squabble. They can't.
  16. S

MK7 CP3 Teaser

Stay in school kid. If you try to pull this assumption based bias crap in an engineering focused workplace you'll meet a harsh response. The pump you're claiming is a time bomb has been in service for over three years in the EU with no record of failure that would cause alarm with anyone...
  17. S

MK7 CP3 Teaser

You really need to stop with the assumptions... I'm a former tech and service manager. I don't pay people to work on my cars. Also.. my car is out of warranty and I have no plans to run out and buy the kit you're shilling. Again... show us any sort of proof that HPFP failures on the EA288 are...
  18. S

Who's keeping, who's selling?

THIS. The EA288 isn't going to end up with anything more than a downstream NOx sensor and an increase to the urea spray rate. This would not have any impact on performance. What we don't know is how VW will implement this (modification to existing equipment or replacement equipment) and if the...
  19. S

MK7 CP3 Teaser

You are either shilling for somebody else, or planning on selling a product. It's plain for anyone who's read this thread to see that you are pushing this. You have repeatedly made claims that you have been unable to back up with any documentation whatsoever. The onus is on YOU to support your...
  20. S

MK7 CP3 Teaser

You continue to make a claim you cannot support. You know when I black list a vendor? When they continue to make claims engineered to produce fear in a market despite having no evidence to support their claim. To reiterate: The EA288 has been in wide distribution in the EU since 2013 with this...