Search results

1. thechoochlyman

Horrible trunk leaks

Well it was still leaking after I did the tail lights. So I moved on to the weatherstrip seal after seeing wetness on top of it. I threw on a used one from a parts car and inserted 3/8 vinyl tubing to make it taller. Even still, it leaked. I noticed it was wet inside the trunk near the...
  2. thechoochlyman

Horrible trunk leaks

Probably no surprise to you guys, but my leak persists. lol It rained a lot last night and once again the trunk is really wet. I took your advice and pulled out the tail lights, sure enough it was pretty wet back there. I ended up swapping both of them with spares - one had a broken stud and the...
  3. thechoochlyman

Horrible trunk leaks

Honestly, that's exactly what I think is happening. Immediately after it rained I took a look, and water was dripping from the top edge onto the trunk springs. It was moist under the seal too, but only in that middle area. Bad tail light seals could explain some of the water in the bottom of the...
  4. thechoochlyman

Horrible trunk leaks

Seems like a good thread to bump. I've been dealing with horrible trunk leaks of my own, but think I have it narrowed down to the lid seal itself. Here's a link to the part on VW's parts website, but unfortunately it's NLA. Both of my plastic storage cups on the sides are always full of water...
  5. thechoochlyman

Weatherstrip?

Well I just went looking today and couldn't find it. Anybody know of a new door seal that will work on our car? I can probably cobble something together from pieces if I have to.
  6. thechoochlyman

Various B4/B4V parts in Central KY

Thanks... still waiting on more input, I can make several a lot cheaper than just one. lol
  7. thechoochlyman

Replacement sunroof handle - possible group buy?

Yep, sure can. Functions exactly like the stock version.
  8. thechoochlyman

Replacement sunroof handle - possible group buy?

Somebody recently asked me if I had a replacement sunroof handle, and I said no - they all crumble to pieces when you remove them. But it reminded me, I did make a very simple handle for mine several years ago to replace the plastic that had broken off. Would anyone else be interested in...
  9. thechoochlyman

This is what it looks like. Just a solid plate with a hole in the middle for a hand hold. Four small aluminum tabs go into the plastic cover above for the bolts to thread into. I'll have to buy material to make it with, but maybe some other people would be interested as well?
  10. thechoochlyman

Unfortunately those never last. Anytime I've tried to remove one it's just crumbled. I actually made an aluminum plate to replace mine.
  11. thechoochlyman

Are you talking about the handle that slides the cover in and out?
  12. thechoochlyman

Early signs of slipping clutch. What is recommended for stage 2 performance tuning?

Nope, still haven't even bought it. Other things came up and it's once again on the back burner.
  13. thechoochlyman

Defective N75 units

I've tried three or four different units in succession and they all acted differently. I had a brand new Pierburg, a used one, and a couple of used OEM N75s. The one that held consistent boost the best was one of the old OEM valves. The rest would all "bounce" the boost really bad, it couldn't...
  14. thechoochlyman

I think so... I'll try to take a look tomorrow.
  15. thechoochlyman

1Z/AHU Billet CCV drain plates, shift knobs, and custom machining

I'd like to, it would cost an astronomical amount of money though. Lol
  16. thechoochlyman

m-TDI boost control safety...

If it fails, would you get full boost or no boost?
  17. thechoochlyman

Cylinder wall scoring / Low oil pressure

I'm not really much of a fabricator, just a machinist. lol Plus there's probably very little demand for them nowadays. I think he mentioned something about still having a copy of the prints, maybe he'd be willing to share so you could take it to a fab shop?
  18. thechoochlyman

Cylinder wall scoring / Low oil pressure

Sure did, it was one of the last built by @TDIDaveNH . Nice and heavy with a 2" receiver.
  19. thechoochlyman

Help - what's that ticking sound?!

Yesterday I replaced my silicone lines going to and from the turbo. Once again, a good improvement. If I floor it the boost will surge one or twice by about 5 PSI and settle back down. Last time I replaced the lines was just about 8 years and 180,000 miles ago. There were some nicks and rubs on...