Search results

1. JoshWagen

Akebono pads fit TIGHT! Will they drag?

Thanks for the replies, all. I ended up swapping out the ill-fitting Akebono for OEM VW. Surprisingly made in China. Fit perfect as expected though. This change was at 50K due to brake shuddering, esp at highway braking speeds. Seemed early. Lot of pad left, but the rotors were scored AF...
  2. JoshWagen

Ok, I’m not crazy. Replacing with TRW ASAP.
  3. JoshWagen

And now I’ve got a good 1cm of pad not coming in contact with the disk after 20 miles or so. Never had this happen. Am I crazy? 99.9% sure the pads are installed correctly.
  4. 4E8FCA29-FADD-4492-AFDF-71E305683097.jpeg

4E8FCA29-FADD-4492-AFDF-71E305683097.jpeg

5. FB9A8B67-9A1E-4BD7-AD8A-94409308EFD5.jpeg

FB9A8B67-9A1E-4BD7-AD8A-94409308EFD5.jpeg

6. JoshWagen

Makes sense. It’s weird though, there’s a gap in clearance on the clip. It’ll be an awkward file, but maybe doable. Check the difference in the clearance on the new clip vs the old…
  7. 647F48A3-8975-45ED-864A-460DF313199B.jpeg

647F48A3-8975-45ED-864A-460DF313199B.jpeg

8. JoshWagen

Hey all - just replaced front pads and rotors on my 2015 GSW. Went with Zimmerman rotors and Akebono EURO ceramic pads. The pads fit extremely tight in the hanger - as in I had to wedge them into place and then mount on the rotor vs sliding them into place as I've done in the past. Using a ton...
  9. JoshWagen

Another dealer oil spec check

Thanks. This was yet “another” code for the new 0w-30 compared to my last change 6 months ago.
  10. JoshWagen

Recall 34J7 - Gear shift trim piece

Just looked over the paperwork again and “recall 347J” was the only thing listed. Considering it’s at the recall level, I’d imagine any dealer would be obligated to do this starting now.
  11. JoshWagen

Good question. Maybe check that part number and see if it’s used on all models.
  12. JoshWagen

Hey all - just a heads up about a "new" recall I had completed at the dealer 1/19/22. 2015 TDI Sportwagen. They replaced a metal trim piece that goes around the DSG shift knob boot - part # 5G1-713-456-3DP. According to the dealer, it had just popped up in their system that day. Anyways, my trim...
  13. JoshWagen

Another dealer oil spec check

Hey all - I’ve got another VW dealer oil spec I’d like to verify. Listed as G-030-01B-S0 on the dealer invoice. Internet search is no use. Anyone confirm this is 507 spec? Thanks!
  14. JoshWagen

VW Dealer TDI oil spec correct?

Thanks! Just curious why the part# is off by one letter. I’m finding the new 507 oil spec as having the same part number, but with the 4th letter from the end being a “Q”. Perhaps this is just the part number for the bulk unit.
  15. JoshWagen

TDI CR - Did Dealership sell me wrong oil

Well, at least you know what oil was put in your car at the dealer. The oil from my dealer is part #G-E55-030-1D-DSP. No idea what the spec is on this and can’t find any info. I’m concerned that it’s not the same oil as the oil that ends in “1Q-DSP”, which is the new 507 0-30 oil.
  16. JoshWagen

VW Dealer TDI oil spec correct?

Hi all - quick question. Had a dealer change the oil in my 2015 TDI and want to confirm the oil is the correct 507 spec. Part number is G-E55-030-1D-DSP. Tried to research online and couldn't come up with any specs. I did find "1Q-DSP" listed as the 507 spec, which makes me think this might not...
  17. JoshWagen

Brake caliper not aligning - HELP!!

Yep, don’t have the parking brake on. Tell me I’m not the only one who’s done this! Any ideas on parking brake cable release?
  18. JoshWagen

Brake caliper not aligning - HELP!!

Hey all - struggling to reassemble rear brakes. I have the new rotors and pads installed and lined up just like they should be. I'm not able to get the caliper to align with the two bolts. I'm like a half inch away without having to use all the pressure I can to smash it into place against the...
  19. JoshWagen

WTB: Ross Tech (I know, me and everyone else)

Hey all - would love to buy a Ross tech cable here from one of the members vs. ebay or something. Need at least 2 VINS, 2011 and 2015 models specifically. I bought and sold mine on here years ago at a discount, so just seeing if anyone appreciates selling within the community. Thanks! Josh.
  20. JoshWagen

Wheel Advice

Ok, so I'm not the only one. Same experience on my SEL with stock 18s - concrete ride. I'm surprised they would offer such a harsh experience on a wagon. I've seen some stock 17s pop up in my area for cheap, but maybe I should even hold out for 16s. :unsure: