Search results

1. T

FS: Scangauge II

Please see eBay auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=006&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=160169444892&rd=1
  2. T

Sold my TDI

Hello all. Just wanted to say thanks to the creators of this site for providing a great information source. I sold my TDI yesterday in exhange for something a little more reliable. My Jetta had been in the shop 11 times in the 1.5 years of ownership. Everything from CV joints to the sunroof...
  3. T

Question about radiator fan operation

I noticed that the temp of the AC air seems to be warmer than it used to be while at idle (in traffic). The temp out of the vents will get up to near 80F, and then cool off while driving to about 55. Now, I know it's hot out, but the air used to be much cooler. I was under the hood and...
  4. T

Feeler: FS: 17" Vision V wheels & tires, 30K miles

I have a set of 4 17" VV wheels & tires off of my 2006 Jetta. They are in great shape with about 1/2 of the tread left on the tires. Trying to get an idea of what they might sell for. $700? $500? Thanks...
  5. T

Question regarding dealers and take-off wheels...

While waiting to pick my car up from the service department, I was walking around looking at the new cars. I noticed another car with the 17" VV wheels (like mine). This car looked fresh off of the truck with all of the white plastic wrap, etc. I noticed that the stock steel wheels/tires...
  6. T

Alert to TDI drivers in Houston...

My friend and I both have 2006 TDIs. He always takes his car to Momentum VW of Jersey Village (were I purchased my car) for oil changes. I always ask him if they use the correct oil, and he says they do. I have been having my oil changed by a friend who runs a "quick-lube" place, and I know he...
  7. T

Changes using Vag-Com?

I have a 2006 Pkg 1 w/DSG and have two basic questions about changing features: Is it possible to change the function of the 'CRUISE' light so that it only comes on when the cruise is actually engaged, and not merely when the switch is on? My car seems to lock the doors after sitting for...
  8. T

Trade 2006 Jetta Leatherette Seat Covers for Cloth

I have a 2006 Jetta with anthracite leatherette seats. I bought the car new about a month ago. I am looking for someone, preferably in the Houston, TX, area willing to trade seat covers for the dark gray cloth. I am willing to come to you, and perform the labor.