Search results

1. G

Injection Pump GuRu's ?

My injection pump is leaking from the end of the pump with all the hard lines attached. The leak is from the seal of the center section on the end. This seal... [/IMG] 1. How difficult is the replacment of this seal? If this large plug on the pump end is removed will it puke-up all it's...
  2. G

Intermittent PD starting problem (No Fuel)

My wife’s TDI is an 04 PD automatic that has been having an intermittent starting problem. Several weeks ago the car would not start by cranking alone. The battery had plenty of juice and cranking it was not a problem; there was no fuel being injected into the motor I’m guessing because there...
  3. G

Intermittent PD starting problem (No Fuel)

My wife’s TDI is an 04 PD automatic that has been having an intermittent starting problem. Several weeks ago the car would not start by cranking alone. The battery had plenty of juice and cranking it was not a problem; there was no fuel being injected into the motor I’m guessing because there...
  4. G

My new PD hates cold starts!

I tried a search the other day and came up empty, and it isn't working right now, so I apologize ahead of time if I break the golden rule of re-asking worn out questions. I just picked up my 04 Jetta PD automatic and tried restarting it the next day at about 8oF. The glow plug light popped off...
  5. G

Biodiesel user question. Tevis Oil, MD

I have been using B100 from Taylorsville Shell/Tevis Oil for part of this summer (when I was in the area). Have other users done any testing to determine the quality of the fuel by the time it comes out of this pump? I have shaken up one of my 6gal cans and then filled a glass jar and let it...
  6. G

Oilguard stopped flowing!!!!!!

I changed my oil and filters today and my Oilguard was at ambient temperature not hot like the engine. I have it mounted in the fender and periodically reach in to check for leaks; and always find it at the same temp as the engine. This is the first time I have found it cold. The unfortunate...
  7. G

You never forget your first time!

So far my 2001 TDI has provided 73,000 trouble free miles. This morning on my comute I hit my first snag. (first, I should point out that I take very good care of the car, Oilguard, Amsoil, Powerservice + Texaco 45, regular fuel filter changes) On my first long grade clime the engine started to...
  8. G

AmsOil bypass filter

I just purchased a Jetta TDI, and resently started my learning process by reading info on this sight (Thanks All!). I am planing to run AmsOil 5W-30 Diesel oil, and am considering a bypass filter for this 45K+ per year vehicle (I need it to last). I have read mountains of great info here, but...