Search results

1. D

Changing gage cluster backlight color

If you are uncomfortable soldering, clusters by litke is a great company and a great dude. Would be a rather simple job for him to do 👍
  2. D

A standard soldering iron (like what you would find at home depot or lowes) will not work, you want an electronic soldering iron that has interchangeable tips. I bought one off amazon for like $80 and it came with several different tips and has adjustable temperature
  3. D

I did a swap with blue needles into my gauge cluster and consequently had to swap blue leds in as well. I used these LEDs PLCC-2 1210 SMD LED Blue Ultra Bright 1000 mcd (lighthouseleds.com)
  4. gaugecluster.jpg

gaugecluster.jpg

blue needle swap with blue leds
  5. D

Passat b5.5 xenon retrofit

Not the same but i retrofitted quad projectors into my nms passat and have no self leveling motors. Just align them after you get them installed and youll be good to go. If you frequently have kids or heavy weight in the back seats, maybe simulate that weight, mark the cutoff on the wall and...
  6. D

CKRA Oil consumption

Dumb question but are you positive it is not leaking anywhere? 1 quart every 200 miles seems like you would see some obvious signs if it was burning it (different color exhaust smoke, smell, etc). Oil cooler is a prominent issue on these cars...does the coolant look ok?
  7. D

Parking for several months.

I store my passat every winter in a garage for 6 months and just inflate tires to about 40 psi, battery tender, dryer sheets throughout the engine bay, interior, and trunk
  8. D

Best ride quality shocks/struts for the money

You basically want to wash the car in October, put it in the garage, and then keep it there until April/May.
  9. D

Subframe/steering rack question

Usually I'd agree but the VT is a nice piece of engineering and the only piece I recommend in the subframe. Uses higher durometer rubber instead of polyurethane. Having both an insert and a VT, there is no comparison. NVH is slightly bumped up but even the wife didn't realize I had added 20hp to...
  10. D

Front subframe removal. Alignment?

You will need an alignment given there is play in the holes unless you use a deadset collar kit, even then i would get an alignment cause other components are usually removed to take out the subframe anyway...
  11. D

Best TDI for Tuning?

In terms of modding or tuning? Adam is the only person I know of who has done the swap
  12. D

Best TDI for Tuning?

Respectfully, disagree. Maybe Adam can chime in here but I'm sure the amount saved on parts that the CUAA comes stock with and it's ceiling for power, you'd save money even with the import fees. Edit: CJAA is definitely cheaper on paper I would agree, but CUAA makes sense strictly from a power...
  13. D

Lets talk engine mounts.. again

It is worth noting, most pendulum mounts dont fit the b6 and i believe, don't fit the b7/nms either as the length is different. This issue is further discussed in this build thread of my buddies B6 passat. A Big Turbo B6 Passat Build – Comfy Commuter/Sleeper & Weekend Track Warrior | VW Vortex...
  14. D

Lets talk engine mounts.. again

i love them. IMO having both, this is the best combo. I'd say the NVH is noticeable but easily tolerable. The vibratechnics subframe bushing is really an incredible piece in terms of how it can handle NVH while helping to minimize movement. Also do keep in mind as i did not know this prior to...
  15. D

Best TDI for Tuning?

CUAA is basically at 250hp stock 👍
  16. D

Best Most Bullet Proof Turbo upgrade for ALH

That is mighty impressive, replying to a 4,793 day old post and getting a response. Cheers
  17. D

**SOLVED** Bi-xenon HID projector - Not as bright?

So you'll learn there is varying qualities among HID bulbs as slight misalignment of the capsule could have big effects on throw, hotspot, etc. I would recommend you get yourself at least some morimoto bulbs, and if you're wanting to spend a bit more, any philips bulb will be excellent (the...
  18. D

which oil to use

If you find yourself missing the emissions equipment also, the Schaeffers 5w40 is excellent oil too
  19. D

P026A code and intercooler buildup

I see. I have my CCV vented to atmosphere and on a 2260 turbo for the last ~2000 miles. I haven’t noticed any oil consumption or usage though, nor do I expect to given my miles…are you deleted?