Search results

1. T

Check Engine Codes - P13CE and P13DO

So did you ever figure out the numbering? How hard is it to replace the glow plug? were you able to reset the CEL? Thx
  2. T

05 jetta to do's

Hello We had a few problems with forgetting the lights on in the car witch resulted to battery troubles, can anyone either confirm (or discredit) whether us and mexico vw jetta have a chime for the headlight switch when comparing for example the European mk4 golf that does have it? I will...
  3. T

Alh new beetle a question about timing

by turning the injection pump 22mm bolt ccw with the injection pump pulley bolts loose its like the pulley and belt dont move but the injection pump is moving . when i let go it springs back into place
  4. T

yes whitedog.i did the timing with the sprocket buster cam locking plate and ip pin the crank was held by a screwdriver in the flywheel opening. what im trying to say here is that my problem has to do with the dynamic timing. i've loosend the ip bolts but the pulley wont move free of the shaft...
  5. T

yeah when i turn the 22mm they move toward the center of the slots in pulley and the pump backs up too.
  6. T

After reassembly of my 98 new beetle for an injection pump replacement i ran into a problem. my question is related to dynamic timing as vcds is showing the timing too advanced. The thing is that after loosening the ip bolts and marking the ip pulley in it's position i tried with a 22mm wrench...
  7. T

New beetle: crank lock q

Here's the whole bit. It's a alh tdi 98 beetle manual.we are following the myturbodiesel.com guide (http://www.myturbodiesel.com/wiki/alh-engine-fuel-injection-pump-installation-without-removing-timing-belt/) and the ribbed belt is off, ip tdc, camshaft very close to tdc ( i suspect it will line...
  8. T

New beetle: crank lock q

Can the crank lock from metal nerd tools be installed without taking off the lower belt shield? is there any other way of locking the crank without that tool? thanks
  9. T

new beetle find tdc

sorry about that, when i got the car back from the mechanic it was without the timing belt on! the ip was missing too. im trying to figure out how to rotate the engine with the timing belt off so i can lock it in without smashing the pistons
  10. T

new beetle find tdc

I have a 1998 new beetle tdi with alh engine, the timing belt is off Im starting the timing belt job from scratch since my mechanic wanted too much: my question is because the belt is off how do i put the head to tdc? there is no pulley on the cam right now.. how would i put the (bottom)engine...
  11. T

1998 beetle not starting

1998 beetle wont start CEL reads" intermittant" injection pump via vcds when starting it turns over and a lot of white smoke (we think it used to run biodiesel) the fuel is goes freely past the filter with mitvac. the bosh pump not seeming to be leaky at all it was cleaned and inspected after...