Search results

1. C

help with injection pump seals

That he did, and the injection pump is leaking bad enough that I watched him leavinquite the drip trail just from pulling out of the driveway. That transmission now lives happily in my car minus a speedo pinion and my short throw linkages.
  2. C

Best method to drag race your TDI

Unless you do it continuously from second gear, the most it would do is wear it down faster and cause it to start slipping sooner. But that's after it's had like, 70k miles or so on it from my experiences. The only gear I would skip is 4th because I've noticed my car actually accelerates slower...
  3. C

Upgraded SMIC

If yoru looking for an upgrade side mount intercooler tyrol sport has one that fits in the stock location and uses the stock piping all you have to do is cut some of the plastic bumer cover and shroud and you're all set. Only draw back is it costs an arm and a leg...
  4. C

downpipe question

Don't bother, it won't do you any good whatsoever as the stock pipe flows perfectly well enough unless your going to be doing some fairly extreme mods to your car and/or taking it to the track frequently. Your best bet would be to just cut off the stock muffler and put on either just a strait...
  5. C

Electric steering

It's a neat idea, but one i'm not fond of at all. I test drove a Ford 500 (yes I know different car different ballgame but bear with me) with the elctronic break pedal, gas pedal and steering. It didn't feel like driving a car at all, which was greatly disapointing, not to mention my first...
  6. C

good power, bad fuel econ

Sorry for the late post and trying to play catchup, but I was reading throught he thread and I noticed at the start you mentioned you had a k&n filter. I assumed it was an air filter and was curious if you've checked your maf sensor if it was still working, then again if it wasn't I would think...
  7. C

Fuel economy difference from 5th gear Mod

That also has me curious, abougt moving the ratios up over the whole spectra, what about the 6 speed conversions? I know someone at tdi fest had the 6 speed on his 05 pd and I was quite impressed when we hit about 100mph in 3rd gear before getting to redline. I can just imagine with high ratios...
  8. C

PP520's or PP764's?

Heh, on the smoke factor, if i push the pedal down hard enough, I have a rolling James bond smoke screen sometimes thick enough it looks like i've double tinted the window and painted the car flat black. It's great for keeping tailgaters off my bumper at least. :D
  9. C

Fuel economy difference from 5th gear Mod

I've been thinking about the .681 gear for my 03 golf because of said comfort differences and because i use 5th gear the entire time i'n in town since around where i live speeds for the streets i travle are typically between 50 and 60mph. Rarely do i hit to freeway but if it'll save a least...
  10. C

Ever catch any crap for driving a vw?

I still get crap on occasion, mostly from my friends who still have their dsms that run 12 second quarter miles and make well over 300 hp and only get about 20ish mpgs (i had 2 of them before my 03 golf tdi so yeah). Anyways, when i first got my tdi, my friend Billy came over cus he wanted to...
  11. C

Prius a joke!-- but, we can't laugh.

Ok, after flipping through this threat left and right and seeing the back and forth with the tdi is better because this, the prrius is better because this etc etc. Here's my take on it. Practicality. What platform best suits your dirving condistions and your personal preferences. Are you...
  12. C

PP520's or PP764's?

Makes sense. Another thing i miss though it doesnt' really do me a whole lot of good is the lack of an oxygen sensor like the pds have. If theer's a way to get one to work on an slh engine i'd be more than a willnig guinie pig for the experiment. In all honesty i think it would help a great...
  13. C

PP520's or PP764's?

Things like how as i've come to learn over time intake and exhaust mods do very little as far as letting the car breath better to make power. All of my background knowledge is from working on turbo eclipses/talons/lasers where an intake and exhust mod could get you as much as 40ish hp difference...
  14. C

What boost controller should I buy?

I must have done something wrong. I got the boostvalve advertised for tdis at boostvalve.com, did the splices, followed the diagrams, turned it and swapped the sides, changed the springs and so far the thin has been a complete waste of $50. So far all it's done is mildly control the turbo...
  15. C

hi-performance tdi golf (video) =)

Unless your like us dsmers who have the misfortunate of aqquiring a fwd car that makes about 300whp and bounces all the way through 1st and second while struggling to get traction in 3rd just from pushing your foot the floor. I've scared many a honduh and rustang that way with my laser.
  16. C

HKS SSQV on a VW Caddy video.....

I will, i'm getting yet anotehr 1st gen eclipse off a buddy of mine and he already has that same bov on it with flanges and piping. I'll just do a re-route and try a few vaccume line splices to see if i can get it to work, with the pull type valve it shouldn't be too hard to pull off, and i'll...
  17. C

PP520's or PP764's?

One of these days i'll figure out how different a diesel engine reacts from a gasoline one. I understand the concept of how it achieves combustion fine, just the other little nit pickings i've yet to figure out.
  18. C

Carbonio Intake

Luckily most of the beach is clsoed off to moving traffic, and when it does rain in florida it's jsut in huge short bursts that quicky evaporate. Besides, i'm not dumb enough to let anyone drive any of my cars.
  19. C

HKS SSQV on a VW Caddy video.....

Yeah, it does sound rather odd coming from a tdi, and like my buddy Tony said earlier since he's never seen my car until to night, "Start this thing up i wanna hear it." so i start it, he's immedately drawn to the turbo spooling sound coming from the exhaust, wanders around to the front and says...
  20. C

Carbonio Intake

I would, unless you desperately so desperately want to eek that one last big of power out of yoru car your willing to go to any lengths to get it. Otherwise, for daily driver, don't other.